HF35_transmision_TSBthrough2018s

grege

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 12/22/2023 at 2:48 PM, grege said:

Welp, it's disappointing but not unexpected.  Now our 2017 cmax energi titanium (owned since new) with only 52,000 miles has just finished eating its transmission.  

2018 titanium tranny toasted around 36,000 miles first and today 2017 energi titanium toasted at 52,000.

Nice job, FORD.

Greg 

I took my car in for a transmission fluid change and the tech noticed my transmission was leaking, so he claimed that I said that it was slipping and rough and used the TSB to repair my transmission at no cost lol. I didn't pay a cent. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/2/2024 at 11:38 PM, depmodealex said:

I took my car in for a transmission fluid change and the tech noticed my transmission was leaking, so he claimed that I said that it was slipping and rough and used the TSB to repair my transmission at no cost lol. I didn't pay a cent. 

That's a nice trick - what was your mileage and warranty status at that point?  

My 2015 has just over 100,000 miles and the tranny has been noisy for a while but of course right after it rolled over 100k the noise increased by a lot. It's so bad at this point that every time I start the car it whines so loud I'm afraid it's going to grenade right there in the driveway.  With the cost of a new tranny running about what the resale value of the car is at this point I'm guessing we're going to just have to replace the car soon.  It really does appear to me there are enough of these tranny failures it ought to be a recall item.  What happens next will determine whether I ever own another Ford or not.  This is my wife's car and I need it to be as trouble free as the 2010 Prius I drive.  It's got twice the miles on it and has never given me a lick of trouble, most reliable vehicle I've ever owned.  I'd like to keep the C-Max and was hoping to get 200,000 miles out of it but if a new tranny is going to cost me more than the car is worth we're headed for the Toyota dealer.

Cars and repairs have gotten so expensive now, warranties need to keep pace by increasing as well.  There is no reason (other than greed) that warranties should not be extended to 7-10 years and 120-150,000 miles standard.

Manufacturing and reliability has improved (in general), so should vehicle protections.  Out of pocket costs have become exorbitant. 

Greg 

On 2/26/2024 at 4:09 PM, grege said:

Cars and repairs have gotten so expensive now, warranties need to keep pace by increasing as well.  There is no reason (other than greed) that warranties should not be extended to 7-10 years and 120-150,000 miles standard.

Manufacturing and reliability has improved (in general), so should vehicle protections.  Out of pocket costs have become exorbitant. 

Greg 

I know some are allergic to anything political related these days, but time to write your congresscritters and probably can't hurt to write to the CARB as well (California Air Resources Board. They have a LOT of pull as well with this kind of stuff and arguably keeping more cars on the road longer without being financially totalled and scrapped is beneficial to overall air quality/emissions/etc..). About the only way you're getting that done.

I agree 100% though that the basic 'bumper to bumper warranties' need to be increased to combat the higher repair costs especially as more safety features are mandated (something I'm personally all for but I do understand and sympathize with the added cost arguments). Or maybe something that would be more feasible is enforce a dedicated warranty for said safety features that goes to that 5-10 year/100-150k mile area).