Ms

lbenson

Here is a past thread on this topic --

People HAVE come up with a suitable spare or donut but it will take up a good portion of the cargo area.

I wanted to have a spare so I saved a slightly used OEM tire but I didn't have a suitable wheel and no tire shop really wanted to mount it for me so I gave up.

I just keep a plug kit with a blanket, light, pliers, plugs and glue, reamer, etc and an extra 12V inflator..

The one puncture that disabled the car was just barely within the tread, I was able to plug it and keep pumping it up with the inflator until I could get a few miles to a tire shop the next day.

I've had one other episode with nails in a tire after visiting a construction site -- luckily the leak was slow enough that I made it home without even realizing it, came out the next day and it was flat in the driveway. Pumped up the tire and took it to a shop that was nice enough to plug it for free.

That's approximately two times in 100k mi.

They give you an inflator under the passenger seat integrated with a can of goo -- the motorcraft TA34 sealant canister should be changed every 5 years from the expiration date on the can. The car should remind you .. I think a new can of goo costs about $35 -- or you can just buy your own at the auto supply store I suppose.t day

Edited by jestevens