Car won't start after transmission repair

MistysDad2012

I have a 2013 C-Max. I bought it cheap because the trans was making the typical whining noise. I dropped the trans out, tore it down and found a bunch of bad bearings. Fortunately, the shafts were all good. Replaced the bad parts, reassembled the unit with new filter, an oil pump shaft, and reinstalled it in the car. Now when I turn the key, I get nothing. The stop safely now box comes on the dash. I'm thinking it may be a 12v battery issue, but haven't really gotten into that yet. Would also appreciate any input that other folks might have. 

Pull codes and see what the vehicle is reporting. It could be the 12v battery but there could be some harness wires on/around the transmission that may not have been reconnected during the transmission work. Having specific codes will help narrow down the cause.

• 4 weeks later...

How did you remove the  transmission ? I am about to do the same thing on a 2013 C-Max Hybrid with the same issue . I am wondering how to get the inverter controller that sits on top of the transmission off from the top as I don't have clearanace to get to back bolts .