Ordered My C-MAX!

Well, I finally did it! I couldn't wait any longer!

Went to Sheehy Ford in Springfield, VA and placed my order as follows:

2013 C-MAX Hybrid SEL

• Sterling Grey Metallic
  • Charcoal Black Leather Interior
  • 302A Equipment Group
  • Interior Protection Package
  • Exterior Protection Package
  • Panoramic Fixed Glass Roof

I'm ordering through the Costco Auto Buying Program, combined with X-Plan (to keep the fees down and to prioritize my order).  Final price was $500 under invoice ($650.94 under X-Plan).  Order Priority is 10 (highest possible priority for dealer orders).  I am absolutely thrilled!  Here's hoping for a quick and easy 8-week delivery time!

Now comes the hard part - waiting!   :banghead:

Congratulations MadManMoon!! 

You'll love the panoramic moon roof! 

Good tips about using Costco and X-Plan. I had both options when I ordered, but like salesguy, didn't know they could be combined. Either option is a great deal.

I hope all prospective C-MAX shoppers take note: using one of these (COSTCO/AAA/X-PLAN) memberships is the way to go. There is no reason to pay sticker price, when you can get your new car for near invoice (+/-).  

I didnt know the Costco membership also helps with priority.

It doesn't; it's X-Plan that helps with priority.  Typically, once X-Plan orders are submitted, they are changed to the highest priority (1-9) in the Ford ordering system ahead of all other retail and dealer stock orders.  The Costco membership only helped with price.  The X-Plan also limits dealer fees to $100 (I don't think the Costco plan does that).

Why would you want to order a MY 2013 C-MAX at this late date when the MY 2014 Order Guides have just been released?  True, there are (Zero) Changes for 2014 "but" at Trade-In time in the future, a 2014 will have higher residual  value?

Residual value doesn't mean much to me, considering I expect to keep this car for 7+ years and 125,000+ miles. I'm likely to hand it down to my parents at that time.

I originally was going to wait, but there will always be something like that.  If you just wait to 2015, they'll have the LED headlights.  By 2016, the 600 mile battery highway speed range, . . . .

If I lose some residual value but have my C-MAX for long enough, I will just have to live with that.  Besides, by the time you want to sell or trade, you never get what you want.  So, I am just going to enjoy, and I'll not stress about it.

The overall condition, features, and mileage will determine the value much more than 1 years age; an exception being a model design changeover with new features, better performance, more popular styling, etc.

I agree.  Since the MY 2014 C-MAX Order Guide shows (zero) Changes and since they plan to produce MY 2013 C-May until 11/30/2013, 2014 won`t arrive until Mar or Apr of 2014. This (might) indicate a major "refresh" or new model launched as a MY 2015 perhaps as early as Fall of 2014?  MY 2014 might be a very short production run.  Guess like they say, you can`t be too smart.  Perhaps its wise to just jump on a MY 2013 or wait till MY 2015 if you have the time and patience.

Spoke to the dealer yesterday, the order is in!  "In Order Processing - Unscheduled - Clean," which means there are no holds, no shortages, and I'm just waiting to be scheduled!  My dealer said the region does its scheduling on Thursdays, so he may call Friday with a VIN, but somehow I strongly doubt I'd get a VIN within a week of ordering!  Frankly, I hope not - my Focus isn't paid off until September, and I'd rather have 2 payments for as short a time as possible!  Of course, the eager little kid inside me is going, "VIN! VIN! Gimme a VIN! That means car is coming soon!" :)

It might not be fact, but this article says production of MY 2014 C-Max Energi starts July 8, 2013.

The most recent Ford Fleet Distribution Bulletin indicated that MY 2013 C-MAX production ends 11/29/2013.  MY 2013 C-MAX orders last date for submittal is 08/30/2013.  Of course everything is subject to change or TBD.

Got an e-mail from my dealer Sunday evening with two tables pasted in - Scheduled Retail Orders and Unscheduled Retail Orders.  Sadly, my order is still in the latter table, as expected.  However, under Priority, it shows ONE!  The HIGHEST priority!  Yee-hah!   :happy feet:

Now I'm just waiting for UNSCHEDULED-CLEAN to be switched to SCHEDULED.  :woohoo:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A mini-update of sorts...I couldn't wait any longer, so I availed myself of cyberdman's services over at Blue Oval Forums (he can get more detail on status than @FordService on Twitter)...looks like my car is In Transit - Received by Voith Industrial Services, Inc at Ramp 4G of the Michigan Assembly Plant (MAP) at 23:04 ET on 11 July (date of production).  I guess that means she's officially left custody of the factory and is en route!  I can only get updates from cyberdman once a week, so I'm hoping that next Monday I get a railcar number!  I'm looking forward to tracking the railcar from Michigan to Virginia!