Ordered My C-MAX!

We ordered 10 days before you. Ours was scheduled to be built 7/18, ETA 8/15. I have been checking the Ford owner site. There it has changed from owner/warranty guides, to the availability to activate sync. On the Ford Etis site there is no change. I am waiting for a response from the dealer to see if it has been built. I just got the required minimum posts to ask Cyberdman, but that  just happened on Friday. He doesn't do weekend updates, so I will be asking him Monday.

We ordered 10 days before you. Ours was scheduled to be built 7/18, ETA 8/15. I have been checking the Ford owner site. There it has changed from owner/warranty guides, to the availability to activate sync. On the Ford Etis site there is no change. I am waiting for a response from the dealer to see if it has been built. I just got the required minimum posts to ask Cyberdman, but that  just happened on Friday. He doesn't do weekend updates, so I will be asking him Monday.

I found that my build date appeared in ETIS 2 days after actual build, and the additional details about the car appeared maybe a week after the actual build.

So, my dealer printed out my full Vehicle Visibility Report for me when I stopped by yesterday, so I thought I'd share it here for posterity (and my own record-keeping!):

In Order Processing - Unscheduled-Clean - 05/18/2013

In Order Processing - Scheduled to Week (Week of Jul-08-2013) - 06/13/2013

In Order Processing - Scheduled to Day (Jul-08-2013) - 06/14/2013

In Order Processing - Scheduled to Week (Week of Jul-08-2013) - 06/21/2013

In Order Processing - Scheduled to Day (Jul-11-2013) - 06/21/2013

In Production - Sent to Plant - 06/27/2013

In Production - Produced - 07/11/2013

Awaiting Shipment - Released - 07/11/2013

In Transit - Received (Voith Industrial Services Inc) - 07/11/2013

Problem is, that's where it ends.  No railcar, no intermediate destination...according to my dealer, as of yesterday, my car is still sitting on Ramp 4G at Michigan Assembly Plant.  However, the ETA still shows July 26!  I'm thinking the chances of making it are pretty much zero at this point...but I'm happy to be proved wrong!

Seems mine and yours might be at the same spot.

Etis shows build date of 7/19. :clapping:

:hat_tip:   Cyberdman, verified that this morning.    :rockon:

My dealer sent me a screen shot of his tracking. It shows "produced" and "awaiting shipment" on 7/19 @ Ford Michigan Assembly Plant. On 7/20 it says "in transit" "received-(Voith Industrial svc inc." "ramp 4G MI assembly plnt". On 7/21 it says "Awaiting shipment" "At Plant" "Ford Michigan Assembly Plant". 

ETA column varies a little, but it generally says 8/5-8/11 in all the entries. Except the last entry at the top. The ETA is TBD :confused:

I cannot get any more info at this time. I am happy it has been built, but a bit concerned the ETA has changed to TBD. Guess I'll just have to wait and see.

Uh-oh...according to my dealer, my status has been downgraded from "In Transit - Received" to "Released From Plant" with an ETA of TBD. Looks like Slampro and I are in the same boat. Wonder if they're holding them to install the new software update to improve MPGs? I'd rather have my car first and bring it to the dealer later!

Looks like Slampro and I are in the same boat. Wonder if they're holding them to install the new software update to improve MPGs?

I started thinking this last night.

I'd rather have my car first and bring it to the dealer later!

I've been saying all along that I would rather have these updates done at the factory.

When I was waiting for mine, they pulled the vehicle for random testing.  So, there was a time that it was built but not going to rail, and it took a while to find out that this was the status.  You should hear soon.

I think you will both have your new CMAXes in about two weeks.  We can start the over/under from there!  :lol:

Got this from Eric at Ford on facebook this morning.

"Hey Mark,

I'm still showing your ETA as TBD. My guess is that it's going to take a little longer than originally planned but I wouldn't rule it out for arriving on the 11th. Keep in touch with me and I'll check on it for you anytime. This isn't the first time I've seen this.

-Eric"

Well, finally an update of sorts from @FordService...I have a new ETA of August 3.  My $750 brochure rebate expires August 3, so we're cutting it pretty close here!  I still need to call my dealer tonight to get better status, to see if Maxine has really left Ramp 4G of Michigan Assembly Plant and really is, in fact, "in transit"!

It's official - Maxine has left the building (well, plant)!

Latest status:

In Transit - Received (OBOB731, CSX Transportation) - Ramp 5M, New Boston, MI - Jul-25-2013, 15:22 ET

ETA still shows Aug-03-2013.

"OBOB731" isn't a valid railcar number in the CSX system, but the magic of Google tells me New Boston, MI is a major CSX railyard for auto carriers (and Google Maps/Earth confirms it!).  So I'd imagine tomorrow or Sunday I'll have a railcar number.  And of course I'm not shy about pestering my dealer on a daily basis for said number! ;)

Edited by MadManMoon