Considering 2017 SE Hybrid with 39,000 km on it (24,000 miles)

cdub

Hi there, I just found this C Max for sale. Is there anything in particular I should keep an eye out for while checking it over, or that my mechanic should look at?

I haven't driven it yet, it's about 30 miles away from me, but I drove a 2018 C Max this morning (that I can't quite afford) and loved it.

Price by the way is $20,500 Cdn.

Thanks!

Edited by cdub

Welcome to the forum. There's not much to check on with a car with so low of mileage other than maintainance records & any accident reports. Since lead acid batteries degrade almost as much from age as they do mileage, unless it has been replaced, it is about 7yrs old, so if possible check the 12v battery. It is entering that age when LA batteries start to fail. [Not just on the C-Max but most 12v batteries in all cars]. With that low of use/mileage, it is possible fuel may show signs of getting stale, [easiest way to tell is by smell of the exhaust]. Would suggest using fuel system cleaner the first few tanks of gas if you decide to purchase. Merry Christmas & Thanks for the read.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/21/2023 at 5:21 PM, cdub said:

Hi there, I just found this C Max for sale. Is there anything in particular I should keep an eye out for while checking it over, or that my mechanic should look at?

I haven't driven it yet, it's about 30 miles away from me, but I drove a 2018 C Max this morning (that I can't quite afford) and loved it.

Price by the way is $20,500 Cdn.

Thanks!

hey There. new to these forums but also looking at a possible 2017 c-MAX Energi in canada. Curious if you went through with the purchase and if you're happy? I have found many in the 70-120K range and all around the $14-19K price range CDN. 

• 3 months later...