2013 SEL started, but no power to wheels

Adrian_L

So no problems for 10 years with my '13 Hybrid, apart from needing to replace the 12V battery last year and replacing the injectors about 4 years ago.

The other morning, I started the car.   Heard the engine running quietly.  But then when I shifted into R, there was no power to the drivetrain.   Then a warning light popped up, "Pull over immediately and stop engine".  

Turned off the car.  Tried again.   Same thing.   After 4 attempts the engine sounded like it was revving higher and everything worked.   Drove off and no problems since.

It was about 3 Celcius/37 Fahrenheit and the battery indicator was reading low.   Not sure if either played a factor in the temporary non-driveablity.

Curious if anyone else has had his problem.    I'll probably plug in my code reader tonight to see what comes up.

I just recalled this recall...

Description of Recall: Ford Motor Company (Ford) is recalling certain 2013-2019 Escape, 2013-2018 C-Max, 2013-2016 Fusion, 2013-2021 Transit Connect, and 2015-2018 Edge vehicles. The bushing that attaches the shifter cable to the transmission may degrade or detach.

The recent bushing recall is what first popped into my head as homestead mentioned. Cold and/or coldANDdamp weather can also trigger some weird anomalies in some vehicles.  I had a brake pedal brake light switch "stick" and throw codes when the weather turned.  

First, check for any codes and if your bushing recall was not done, do it and hopefully that settles it!

Greg