Keyfree / Keyless touch not working?

I have a 2017 Energi Titanium with the keyless entry system (tap the handle to lock, put your hand in the handle to unlock) and it's randomly stopped working altogether 

I looked up how to ensure I hadn't turned it off by mistake somehow, but the guides all refer to Settings>Vehicle Settings>Keyfree, while I just have Settings>Vehicle>... (Mykey is the only key related option here and nothing to do with it) 

It is wintet here now, and it's been a little colder than usual, but it's currently above freezing and still not functioning. Do I need to clean some sensors somewhere? If the passenger door sensor is dirty, will this overload the whole system and stop the feature working on the drivers side? I am pretty frustrated with how little information I can find on this for my specific vehicle 

Is it one door or all doors.  My driver door was having problems unlocking and I found a TSB to remove door handle and spray sealant on the inside

of the door handle.  Evidently water was getting in there and causing the problem.  Doing that helped.

My car was stored outside.

On 1/27/2024 at 12:03 PM, theasset said:

It is wintet here now, and it's been a little colder than usual, but it's currently above freezing and still not functioning. Do I need to clean some sensors somewhere? If the passenger door sensor is dirty, will this overload the whole system and stop the feature working on the drivers side? I am pretty frustrated with how little information I can find on this for my specific vehicle 

Yeah, I find that the door handle sensors fail in below freezing temps, but they start working a day or two after temperatures climb back above freezing.

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/27/2024 at 12:03 PM, theasset said:

I have a 2017 Energi Titanium with the keyless entry system (tap the handle to lock, put your hand in the handle to unlock) and it's randomly stopped working altogether 

I looked up how to ensure I hadn't turned it off by mistake somehow, but the guides all refer to Settings>Vehicle Settings>Keyfree, while I just have Settings>Vehicle>... (Mykey is the only key related option here and nothing to do with it) 

Our 2017 cmax energi titanium just started having the same issue - neither driver nor passenger door sensors are working. It has been below freezing here in the Northeast for for over a week when the issue started to appear sporadically. We didn't pay attention to it. Last couple of days its been raining and the sensors stopped working altogether. Very frustrating. Did you find a solution? Thanks

Don't know if this could help. I had a short lived problem with key less touch during a spell of rainy, heavy dew in the AM weather. On the drivers door only as I rarely or never open passenger door first. Changed my daily parking to put driver's side into more of the sunny side. Has not recurred since. Hope this helps & tanks for the read.