Seriously, WELCOME!!

Adair

Hello all!  I'm a new Energi owner in San Diego.  I've actually wanted a C-Max since they first came out, but was just able to get one recently.  So far, I am loving it, and my dogs love how much room they have to lounge around.  Both of them vie for the raised battery area so they can look out the window while laying down.  I'm averaging between 48 and 49 mpg so far - which is a huge savings over my previous vehicle (a V8 truck).  I also have a couple of motorcycles, but my Max is even getting better mileage than they do, so I'll probably be doing most of my commuting in it.  I'm looking forward to perusing the forum so I can learn everything I can about this great car!

Hello all!  I'm a new Energi owner in San Diego.  I've actually wanted a C-Max since they first came out, but was just able to get one recently.  So far, I am loving it, and my dogs love how much room they have to lounge around.  Both of them vie for the raised battery area so they can look out the window while laying down.  I'm averaging between 48 and 49 mpg so far - which is a huge savings over my previous vehicle (a V8 truck).  I also have a couple of motorcycles, but my Max is even getting better mileage than they do, so I'll probably be doing most of my commuting in it.  I'm looking forward to perusing the forum so I can learn everything I can about this great car!

Welcome!

You're also aware of the related C-MAX Energi-specific forum, right?  (Link at the top of the forum screens, or here http://fordcmaxenergiforum.com)

Many Energi owners are members of both forums. Enjoy your stay in C-MAXland!

• 2 months later...

Adair,(or other successful picture peeps)

I am trying to upload a picture and everything says too big. The pictures were taken either with my iPhone or my GoPro. I even tried taking a picture from within the forum page and same result. 

Any suggestions appreciated.

Next question - how do you get Fuelly to link to your posts? I joined Fuelly late in the fall, so my MPG is not great right now but soon it will get warm again. Most of my drives are short trips of less than 3 miles, so hard to get great mileage but still so much better than my Escape. 

Hoping you are enjoying all of our snow! I am just up the road from you.

Thanks

A2Gemini from A2

• 3 weeks later...

Got a 2015 C-MAX SE hybrid just before the Xmas break and am now spending less than half on gasoline despite the bottom dropping out on oil prices.  Learning better braking habits really helps.

The only criticism I have is that, so far this vehicle has not been handling Canadian winters very well at all.  Just one example:  the front  windshield wipers are buried in the hood scoop and cannot be left up to prevent ice damage.

I look forward to asking questions in the other forums.

Got a 2015 C-MAX SE hybrid just before the Xmas break and am now spending less than half on gasoline despite the bottom dropping out on oil prices.  Learning better braking habits really helps.

The only criticism I have is that, so far this vehicle has not been handling Canadian winters very well at all.  Just one example:  the front  windshield wipers are buried in the hood scoop and cannot be left up to prevent ice damage.

I look forward to asking questions in the other forums.

You can, check your manual to put the windscreen wipers up. I do it when my CMax hits Mammoth :)

...and welcome  :victory:

Well, well, learn something new everyday!  Was just wondering about that a couple of weeks ago.  Guess I should get off the forum and read the manual?  But its 500+ pages...

No need to read the 500 pages :)  Instead of spending time "wondering about" it, you'll likely save wondering time by searching the on-line manual (less than one minute) instead of wondering  or you'll have more wondering time for more important things.  

Damn, I just wasted 5 minutes which ate into my wondering time answering a question that can be found in less than one minute. :doh:  Well off to the golf course - no more time to wonder.

med_gallery_167_32_38262.jpg

I agree. Everyday I drive it, I am amazed by how well the CMax performs, I am getting insane MPGs even if I drive to Mammoth and the whole trip at 95% freeway speeds, fully loaded, I still score a 45-48 MPG overall. Plus as much as MFT/Sony gets a bad rap, I think the sound, voice control and navigation is amazing....makes for a great trip. And I love plyaing with the car, full battery - GUNG HO acceleration....so much FUN :)

• 2 months later...

Hey guys,

Thank you for the welcoming thread. Not too long ago got a 14 C-Max hybrid se (took advantage of a bunch of rebates) and I do have a question: Everyone knows that what kind of winters Quebec has to offer and I'm wandering what that does to the gas mileage. Anyone in an area with harsh winters? Would like to chat on the subject.

I live in Indianapolis and we had about four months of below freezing temps, Jan and Feb it dips down below zero Fahrenheit and My mpgs stayed in the thirties. Idling kills your mpg's, I went from 38.2 all the way down to 34.0 but it came right back up, now I am at 38.9. I bought my car on Oct 31 and crammed 600 hiway miles on it the first day, so my mpg's started out low.

...: Everyone knows that what kind of winters Quebec has to offer and I'm wandering what that does to the gas mileage. ...

post-1320-0-33468600-1431029850_thumb.jpg
I keep track of trip mileage shown when you turn the car off. I have two commuter routes, this is for my "rural" route that's primarily 35MPH speed limits and little-to-no traffic. This chart shows my baseline (first 2 months), last Summer, and this past Winter, as defined by mounting snowtires.

You'll note that my mileage has improved quite dramatically over the baseline, part car updates but mostly learning... about 2 years worth.

The other story is one of tire design in the face of widely varying applications... Michelin's X-ice 3 snows have equivalent rolling resistance to their Energy Saver/AS OEM tires.

But you asked about temperature, and I'm seeing about 3MPG lost for every 10F colder it gets. Highway driving yields lower MPG, and is slighly less sensitive as a result.

Have fun,
Frank

Intro.
My name is Shayne and I live in a small city east of Vancouver, BC.  I am a service technician and work out of my car (a van is just too much for the most part) and my hobby is modifying and serving BMW's.  My toy is a 1993 BMW Touring wagon that I have upgraded with M5 suspension, a 1998 M3 lump, and replaced the slush box with a M manual.  I can keep up to a stock C6 Z06 to the 4-5 shift... but then he walks away like I hit the brakes.  Nice sleeper though.

Purchased a 2013 SEL with the roof in platinum white a couple of weeks ago.  
I had a 2014 Prius c but it was just a tad too small so I figured I would move up to a Prius.  I just couldn't get past the 1980's digital dash and "no need to see what's behind you" bar across the rear glass.  So I tested a Prius v but still wasn't happy, too big and felt like a bloated 1995 Tercel.  
I visited a Ford dealer just to eliminate the C-Max as a purchase option but it did the opposite.  This was an actual CAR... not the tin box on an expensive drivetrain like the Prius family.
After testing a few I decided on an SEL with the roof so the issue became new or used.  With financing rates a used car had to be less than 2/3's the price of a new vehicle and I happened across this gem.  
Traded in the Prius and never looked back.  
There is no denying the Toyota's do better on gasoline but fuel cost isn't absolutely everything.  I averaged 4.9 (48 US MPG) with the c because I mostly travel on the highway but averaged an astounding 2.2 (106 US MPG) if I travelled under 50 km (30 Miles) in the city.   The C-Max is the opposite; I average 5.4 (44 MPG) but can't get better than a 5.9 (40 MPG) in the city with the same driving style.
Still an average 0.5 (4 MPG) difference is worth the comfort, size, and performance differences gained in the Ford.
My only complaint is the compete lack of convenient, useable storage up front,  

• 5 weeks later...

Welcome Shayne, and congrats on the new C-Max.  Glad you are enjoying it - you nailed the differences to the Prius (eeek).  We just had our C-Max parked in a garage in South Surrey for a month while we were traveling out from VCR.  Our 93 E34 is going on the block this summer; we kept it around an extra year to absorb some of the blows in parking lots .........  It was a very good ride, but we now enjoy the C-Max even more for the ride comfort, handling and features.  Nice that the Spring to Fall (& some warmer winter days) 'down here' in the balmy south are great for the mpgs - we are still hovering in the 47mpg zone for our lifetime rating. (It did remarkably well on our trip to Whistler last summer).

Nick

Edited by C-MaxSea

@Sparrow yeah, if the CMax was as light as the C yeah but thats pretty darn good in a C to get 102MPG. I've had the CMax on city driving in the 60MPG to 66MPG daily (go to work and come back to garage)...but the more you're use to the CMax and fine tune your understanding of the EV mode - you'll maximize your MPGs. Right now, I am doing 60% freeway and it coming in at 52MPGs, 665 miles and I'm just not even trying to maximize my MPGs at all. Pure City, I get 800 to 860 miles a tank. 

My car has cracked the 900 miles. So yeah, its a great car and welcome to the forum :)

Edited by Jus-A-CMax

• 2 weeks later...

Hi!  I'm new here and looking forward to learning about my C-Max and connecting with other C-Max owners.  I just bought a 2015 Hybrid SE in Tectonic two days ago and so far I'm loving it.  This is my first hybrid vehicle but not my first Ford.  I traded in a 2013 Focus to get my C-Max.  Yay!

Anyhow, nice to meet you all.  Have a good one :)

I just checked and we've had over 100 new members just this month! Welcome to all of you, and we hope you enjoy the forum. Please take the time to read any of the topics that catch your interest. There is a ton of information here about the C-MAX, from the ground up! 

We are all owners here, many from back in the dark ages of the fall of 2012. Some as recent as last week or so. 

Feel free to post and ask question if you don't find your particular topic in the listed topics. We're a friendly, talkative bunch, MOST of whom love our cars.

Just for starters, here are a couple of links that may answer some of your questions...........or maybe provoke more, who knows?

http://fordcmaxhybridforum.com/topic/1751-jus-another-cmax-review/?hl=%2Bjus-a-cmax+%2Breview

Again, welcome!! We're glad you are here!

I am curious Adair, why there is so much Moderator censorship here (They say political content) when telling the truth ABOUT THAT censorship, yet there is political content all over this site which slams Ford and C-Max Hybrids with no foundation.

Perhaps the lack of traffic now has an explanation: this is a Forum for degrading the C-Max Brand to confuse and create doubt for potential buyers.