Tell me about your Road Rage stories?

armoredsaint

Sorry for my vagueness.  I was in South Carolina on a four lane road all the way on the right hand lane. The speed limit was 45 mph.  As I said in my first post I was going from 45 to 50 and then coasting to 45.  The guy was far enough behind me that he wouldn't have noticed unless he drives with 10 car lengths in front of him.  I don't get upset with weird people.  I figure they're having a bad day or are not happy campers.  

LOL, okay South Carolina law (most states likely have a similar statute) but that apparently is not the reason. :)

SC - § 56-5-1560 

(a) Impeding traffic by slow speed prohibited. --No person shall drive a motor vehicle at such a slow speed as to impede the normal and reasonable movement of traffic except when reduced speed is necessary for safe operation or in compliance with law.

I can't tell exactly what just happened, earlier today.  I came very close to getting t-boned by a guy that must not have been paying attention to the light. 

I actually had to slam on my brakes.  (Sorry, it all happened so fast that I didn't see my brake score.)  I don't know if I heard the other guy skidding or if it was me.  I was just leaving the light, only going probably about 10 mph or less when it happened.  So, there wasn't enough travel to trigger the antilock brakes, but I did feel a strong brake "rubbing" sensation transmitting through the pedal.

The guy sharply turned right, skidded around the corner, made the first turn down the block onto another street, and then took off.  Maybe he was trying to lose me or something.  He just disappeared.  For all I know, he was just super aggressively driving, and he was intending to skid around the corner like that.  He never even looked up and my car.  He was just in his own world.

Very strange, and very scary.  To think that I just gave Maxie the first waxing not 24 hours before, and here I was, about have the car totaled.