Windshield Wiper

MaxwellHammer

Has anyone had a problem with their wipers?  Two weeks into my C-Max. Driving home in a torrential downpour and driver side windshield wiper was leaving wicked streaks ... luckily it was daytime so I could deal with it but am worried if I had the same happen at night, it would be difficult seeing with oncoming headlights.  Do I have a bad wiper or was it something on the window????  The higher the speed of wipers, the worse the streak was ... Is it worth a trip to dealer to complain???? Small problem, but thanks for any advice offered  .... BTW totally love this car and sometimes get in the 50+mpg range which totally thrills me :-) 

I find the wipers to work extremely well, likely the best of any car I've ever had.  About the only less than perfect thing is that there is a part of the window, on the passenger side, that doesn't really get touched.  On the other hand, the track on the driver's side is excellent.  No streaks on my window.

You can get all sorts of odd wiper behavior if your window isn't clean, tree sap and bug remains are particularly bad.

Personally, I've always like how the rain blows off when you have a good coat of Rain-X on the glass, and Rain-X also has some pretty strong solvents for cleaning gunk off the glass. The only drawback is that once you start with Rain-X, you will love how it works and want to keep it up, so you end up doing your windows thoroughly every couple of months.

Thanks, everyone for the feedback.  I did have the environmental package (exterior and interior) added so maybe the streaking is due to some residue from that. It only happened during a torrential downpour and I don't notice it when wipers are on low.  Will also think about the Rain-X.  Love the wipers keeping time to the music with John Travolta, no less:-) Can just picture it! 

• 1 year later...

I am curious if any of you guys have had any further issues with your Cmax wipers.  I have 50k miles on my car and the drivers side wiper flew off my car on the freeway today?  Very unique experience for a 1.5 year old car and would think this should not have happened. Interested in hearing from anyone regarding this POS car.

50K miles and you replaced the wipers *when*?  (Because it's not the years, it's the mileage).

Our Durango goes through about a set every 12K, so at the very least I'd suspect you were on your third.  Perhaps you didn't replace them properly (so it's hardly a POS if it's your fault).

As others have said here, best wipers on any car I've ever owned (and in Florida we give wipers a pretty good workout, although even in Nevada we had to replace wipers regularly because, well, they DO wear out -- even just being in the elements without wiping).

Edited by Kelleytoons