Great video discussion about the CMax and Energi

salsaguy

great video discussion about Ford, the CMax and the Energi. at about the 19 minute mark the Ford guy John Davis comes in. At about the 50 minute mark there is a great discussion about the mpg in the CMax and one of the moderators totally rips on the hybrid cars and talks about how they can never beat the diesel engines for mpg. highly recommended. lots of info in there and talks about why they didn't bring over the 7 seat CMax, about the active grille shutters, etc.. even though the video has Energi in the name they talk about both the hybrid car and the plugin cmax. I'm sure you will find it time well spent to hear from one of the designers of your car:

• 2 weeks later...

I think I watched it a couple months ago… but it seems to me that most of the people who talk up diesel a) don't realize that a UK gallon is 1.2 US gallons b) the difference between US and European diesel emissions standards, and 3) the difference between US and European test standards. The Passat 2.0L TDI runs 61.4MPG on the combined cycle in the UK - which drops to 51.2 once you adjust for the size of a gallon, and then it's still rated 50% higher than the Combined EPA rating on the most similar engine in the US (35MPG).