Never say a CMax has no cargo space

mtb9153

Thought I'd share this with those out there who are still on the fence about whether to buy a CMax for fear it can't carry much.

Yesterday the wife wanted a new screen door for the patio door.  I went over to Home Depot and found one that suited our needs and her requirements. 

Thought to myself....hummm wonder if this will fit in the CMax?  Got out in the parking lot and I'm happy to say it fit.  Take a look at the attached picture.  Had to put it all the way to the dashboard to close the tailgate, but it fit.  Very nice cargo room in a sporty little efficient package.

Enjoy the ride...

Edited by mtb9153

Nice pics!  Had to laugh at the sticker though - guess you didn't need the trim kit for "wider openings"!

This thread could start a whole new series of pictures of wild and crazy loads in the C-Max.  We've had a dryer in ours - fit great even on its side (less chance of snagging things).  Doors too, but we let them stick out (short trip).

Edited by SnowStorm

I brought home 4 10 foot pipes from the Depot the other day as well.  It was close though.  I learned to make sure I have some padding material after that.  I had to take my shirt off and stick it in front of the pipe which was a few inches from the windshield.

I brought home 4 10 foot pipes from the Depot the other day as well.  It was close though.  I learned to make sure I have some padding material after that.  I had to take my shirt off and stick it in front of the pipe which was a few inches from the windshield.

Always use care when running something up near the windshield. I was with my brother on a trip to the lumber yard in his Toyoda van. We loaded up the 2x4s and they ran up near the windshield. All looked fine, but it turned out they were about an inch too long for the available space. When he closed the hatch, it forced the lumber one inch forward and he ended up cracking the windshield from the inside. Ouch. Lesson learned. This happened a few years back, and I still think about it from time to time when loading stuff into cars and vans.

Edited by Riddley