First Problem

Scott

Well I had my very first problem after 2120 miles! and wondering if any of you guys or gals had this happen?

Wife and I were shopping yesterday at a local Wally World and when we got back to our C-max hybrid I went to start the Max and nothing happened, so hit button to shut it off and retried again to start  and with the same results, so tried again and nothing!! the next try resulted in everything going blank!  so gave Ford roadside a call and they sent a towtruck out, sat there about 20 minutes waiting on the truck and decided to give the starting another try!! everything started as normal !! when the truck pulled in I sent him on his way as we were OK. So anyone have this happen to you? if so what did you do? I'am wondering if there is a reset button somewhere? or is the relay like some of my power tools where they shut off from overheating then when they cool down the relay resets itself? anyhow I haven't had a problem since. Thanks in advance for any of your inputs and thought's. Scott 2013C-Max Hybrid

Odds are it was "Performing Scheduled Maintainence". 

I have had the screen blank on me with the car starting fine and not starting fine. Also, if you do not push the brake in at the correct time, but hit the button too soon, the car will not start. I have done that a bnuch of times at the beginning. Now it is second nature to hit the brake before the start button.

It is one of those two things I would assume.

Matt

Edited by Recumpence

Generally you do get a scheduled maintenance statement on the screen, but not always.  A couple of times we have had no camera and a black screen when we start to back up, and it seems to be the scheduled maintenance is happening.  You just have to wait a minute or so when that happens and then the scheduled maintenance statement comes up on the screen and that takes a minute or two.  I think likely your foot wasn't firmly on the brake when starting for the other issue. 

I have the car occasionally not start when the Start Button is pushed.  I usually just press it again to shut the car off and it starts the second time.  Always attributed it to not stepping on the brake or some other initialization that needs to take place.  I've never had the system go black / blank.  

• 4 weeks later...