1000 Mile Report

Well, it's been a month since I purchased my C-MAX.  During that time, I have put 1,000 miles on the car.  This is more than I normally drive in a month, but I have been doing some test driving, learning how to drive the vehicle.  Besides, I have been having fun driving the C-MAX, so I often look for excuses just to do some driving.  :shift:

Here are the issues that I have found since taking delivery.

• Clock: Holds proper time, so long as I do not synchronize with GPS.  Synching with GPS will actually cause the time to get behind actual time.
  • Liftgate: I have the update scheduled soon.
  • Miscellaneous:  I found what looks like a vacuum hose sticking out from under the edge of the driver's side rear seat, when the seat was folded down.  I tucked it back under the seat, for now, and I  will either tie wrap it into position, or I will see if Service can knock this out when I come in for the liftgate service.
  • One potential false start after power wash; started right up on the second try.  The more than time goes by, the more that I think that I probably didn't have the brake pedal depressed enough, or some equivalent.  I power washed again without incident.  So, I think that this is how the final ruling should come down on this.
  • Synch Maintenance Screen:  This has only happened after shut down.  It has never happened while operating my C-MAX.

I have not had any other issues.  Fit and finish have been great.  Not a noise from anywhere when I go over bumps on the road.

On a personal note, my typical day outing scuba gear fit well in the cargo area with the rear seats folded down.  I'll post pictures of this when I get my CanvasBack Cargo Area Cover installed.  ETA on that is about two more weeks.

Fuel economy continues to improve with experience.  I am working on my second tank of fuel.  I attach Trip and Lifetime stats today.

post-668-0-41803000-1372823879_thumb.jpgpost-668-0-99492400-1372823911_thumb.jpg

I still have three complaints about the car: 

• I still hate, hate, hate that dead pedal/footrest.  Why didn't they just run the cable inside the console instead of taking up room from the driver's foot well?  If it had to take up room from one of the foot wells, then I would prefer that it be in the passenger foot well, which for me is only sometimes occupied.  I just hope that someone who is braver and more mechanically inclined than I will post about how he or she has created a mod that will provide more room, or somehow improve this big mistake of an idea. 
  • I am going to get seat covers, because I never wanted leather seats.  There should be some package that includes the power seat (and all features should be both front seats) but without leather.  I know that I am not the only one who has lodged this complaint.
  • I want more control over my phone.  People who pay extra for all of the upgrades should not be denied the Bluetooth control of their phones.  I don't want to deny this to anyone that didn't get the upgrades; I just want to have the same control that they do.
  • This last one isn't really a complaint, but more of a wish list item.  I wish that Hybrid model users could have a cool smartphone app like the Energi users get to have.  Adding features for security and the like would be great add-ons.

Anyway, that's it from the Chronicles of C-MAX . . . for now.

Edited by ScubaDadMiami