Name one like and dislike with your C-Max?

armoredsaint

Yeah, you're really hurtin' in that department, aren't you, Jus? What did you say the other day about 71mpg on the way home from work?  :lol2:  :lol2:  :lol2:  :lol2:

J/K.....you're still the rock star for MPGs! You give us all something to aspire to.

:dance: no...no, it was not that high...64.1 dear :wub2:  and a 4th 800+ tank. I do get between 86.1 and 81 MPG going to work though, peak hour driving :drool:

Snowstorm & SDM regularly get post 60+ MPG tanks so its definitely possible and everyone can look forward to that...jus gotta understand the car.

Sorry...lets get back to the TOPIC.

Edited by Jus-A-CMax

...Lack of engine gauges--why not selectable oil pressure/water temp/oil temp/tach etc. gauges on right side of speedo ...

It's not obvious, but those left and right dash displays are driven by two independent computer systems

- the right display shows leaves, or climate, entertainment, nav or phone data, like the big center screen, because it's part of the user interface computer.

- the left display shows engine and drivetrain daa because it's part of the car's drivetrain control computer.

Once I got past the desire for lots of gauges (look into OBDII scanners, Scangauge, etc.) I realized the displays are complementary; I've started looking for radio and phone info on the dash instead of the center display.

Have fun,

Frank

Like:  99 %, ok, one, stealth silence / no exhaust in city, heavy traffic, stop lights ....... & to quote mtcmax above "Like the way it makes me smile when driving ........"

Wish for:  little details like MPG readings on MyView Trip logs (also nix the leaves)

DSC 6809   Copy

Edited by C-MaxSea

Forgot one other item that surprised me and feels like a backward step.  The Sync screen is pressure sensitive rather than touch (haptic?) sensitive.  Might be so that glove wearers can use it but seems quite 2003.  Every Touch sensitive device I have owned since 2004 is touch which makes it much more precise and much more sensitive.  

Like: Seamless integration of electric and internal combustion engines with the eCVT transmission for remarkably smooth power transfer among the various modes.

Dislike: How loud the turn signal sounder seems when everything is shut down waiting at a traffic light!

:dance: no...no, it was not that high...64.1 dear :wub2:  and a 4th 800+ tank. I do get between 86.1 and 81 MPG going to work though, peak hour driving :drool:

Snowstorm & SDM regularly get post 60+ MPG tanks so its definitely possible and everyone can look forward to that...jus gotta understand the car.

Sorry...lets get back to the TOPIC.

Brother Jus.  I seem to be in a slump was at 43.7AvMPG now barely hanging on to 41.0  I seem to be in a spiral down-slope since things warmed up and I'm using the A/C most of the time.  But I think my driving styles are the same as they were last year when it was warm and I was seeing an occasional 47 to 53.  My fuelly numbers are really dropping as as result

Like: The $475 gift coming my way from Ford, even though I am seeing about 44mpg on my first 700 miles (improving as I drive..the lowest was around 41 mpg the first tank) ..hoping for better when it is broken in!

Dislike: Worrying about high curbs. I worry about the low front bumper or the wheels hitting the curb, as the tire does not give it that much protection to the wheels. I tend to park a little away from the curb so that I do not risk damaging the beautiful wheels.

• 2 weeks later...

Like: smallish car with lots of room and decent power for hauling stuff around (I snuck a bunch of likes in there)

Dislike: no plain old "vent" mode in the climate control

Plain old vent mode is hitting the fan + or -, turning the A/C off, and making sure the Recirc is not on from the Auto Setting.  I had to figure it out when I used to smoke in the car.  Thankfully I quit and don't have to go through that routine anymore :)

As for my response to the forum

Like - The overall handling of the car

Dislike - No HID or LED options for exterior lights yet.

Like:

Ford keeps sending us money.

DISLIKE:

ford  refuses to sending us money for the AS DESIGNED AUTO DUAL ZONE AC that IS NOT auto and IS NOT dual zone!

wab.  my auto climate control works fine  and when I change the temp on the passenger side  the temperatures are definitely different...

YEP just like ours, till the next time the car is started   :nonono:

The last 3 Fords we've owned have had set it and forget it climate control, but not this one.

EVERY time we get in the car dw has to adjust her side.

Sorry Ford but this is a deal killer if it's on the next Ford we look at!

• 2 weeks later...

Plain old vent mode is hitting the fan + or -, turning the A/C off, and making sure the Recirc is not on from the Auto Setting.  I had to figure it out when I used to smoke in the car.  Thankfully I quit and don't have to go through that routine anymore :)

You also have to keep an eye on where the temp setting is relative to the outside temp.  It will heat the air to bring the temp up, which is what annoys me.  I want it to ignore the temp setting (so I don't have to dial it back and forth) and just vent... Maybe the whole setup for vent should just be a single voice command.

...Maybe the whole setup for vent should just be a single voice command.

I see a conversation like this the next time the car's in for service.

Owner: The "vent" command isn't working

Dealer: We'll look into it.

Dealer: Well, we checked out the ventilation and it seems to work fine

Owner: It does? Then why am I still frustrated after venting?

I know, don't quit my day job!

Frank

Like: How this amazing machine INVITES me to participate in it's mission to transport me as fuel efficiently as possible. So engaging. I love the challenge.

Dislike: For how modern it is, I'm bummed it has old school bulbs for external and internal lighting. This car should be THE LED rolling display of modern lighting. It's truly modern in every other way.

(Yes, my first post. But I have lurked and learned so much from you guys and gals. Thank you for your infectious passion that added so much to driving this car)