A New Problem

freddial

See "Dead Battery and now Cruise control".  Got the car back a week ago.  Drove from Sacramento, CA to San Diego, CA this past weekend with no problems.  Cruise control worked fine.  (like it did for first 6,000 miles).  Then, a couple of days ago, while I was still in San Diego, the screens started acting up.  First, C-Max seemed to forget what screen I had selected, both display screens revert to what I would call the "home" screen.  Compass or leaves on right, Top menu on left.  Also, the radio comes on when I turn the car on even though it hadn't been on before when the car was last running. Also, at the end of a trip, the screen that displays for a few moments and tells you how many miles you went, what your MPG was and how much was EV does not display.  That screen is black!  This happens two out of three times, other times it is normal.  Took the car to the dealer today; they didn't have anyone available to work on it, so I have an appointment tomorrow.  I don't have high hopes.  

Got the car back today.  Service adviser said they had found a couple of codes and also found a loose ground connection.  The service summary I got said they couldn't verify the problem I described and said the battery was loose. (?)  Not sure what that meant and it didn't say that they tightened whatever was loose.  Car seemed fine driving home.  If I have any more problems think I will try taking it to a different dealer and only leaving it if I can get the problem to display when I am at the dealer.  I liked this car a lot for the first 6,000 miles during which I had no problems.  

I had a problem with another vehicle about a year ago, and when I took it to the dealer, they could not repeat it, and did not attempt to fix. The problem was with the computer controls with the audio system. It happened again a few times whan I first got in my car, so I took out my cell phone and took a video of the problem! I kept them on my phone to show to the technician the next time I brought the car in. As luck would have it, it never occured again, but you may want to try this if you see the displays malfunctioning whan you stop or start your car. Please do not try it when you are driving!!!! ;;p).