I had installed my 3.6.1 update myself but when i login to syncmyride.com it tells me that I have a dealer-installed update available. How are you guys installing 3.6.2 yourself? Maybe this MFT update has a dependancy on the 13B07 PCM flash.

Says that for everyone.  Must be website error.

According to the information on the download the initial update (that could be installed by the user) was called 3.6.

Microsoft Windows Automotive          
;         USB Installation Directive File        
;         3.6 (13171) Update from:               
;         10308,10337,11038,11063,11081,11134    
;         12023,12047,12058,12156,12285          
;         Other versions not supported           
;         autoinstall.lst (NA)          

Now an update labeled 3.6.2 is available and according to the Ford website this update must be installed by the dealer.

According to the information on the download the initial update (that could be installed by the user) was called 3.6.

Now an update labeled 3.6.2 is available and according to the Ford website this update must be installed by the dealer.

by ford website do you mean etis or ford owners site? Don;t have it on either

I was referring to "support.ford.com".

Once I signed in I got the following message:

You have a dealer-installed update available

This update requires a visit to your authorized local dealership

After clicking on "What is this update?" I found:

DA5T-14D544-BD Gen2 - V3.6.2

Found this Ford doc which states that 13171 is 3.6.2

Found this Ford doc which states that 13171 is 3.6.2

I don't think it applies to the CMAX.

First, the document you link to does not list the CMAX as an affected vehicle.

Second, the upgrade designation is different--it is listed as 12A04.

I think the document that applies to the CMAX is this one:

http://allstatetrucks.com/images/Recalls/R13A01%2012%20AND%2013%20FOCUS%20ELECTRIC%2013%20CMAX%20HYBRID%20AND%20CMAX%20ENERGI%20AND%2013%20FUSION%20HYBRID%20S2.pdf

Note that the document says the affected vehicles are NOT upgradable with a flash drive.

Edited by Bob999

The customer can use a flash drive to do the update if the C-Max was produced after 2/5/13 because it came from the factory with version 3.51.

The customer cannot use a flash drive to do the update if it was produced on or before 2/5/13.

However, if it was produced on or before 2/5/13 and the dealer has done the FSA 13A01 update to Sync version 3.51, then you should be able to do the update to 3.62 using a flash drive.

The customer can use a flash drive to do the update if the C-Max was produced after 2/5/13 because it came from the factory with version 3.51.

The customer cannot use a flash drive to do the update if it was produced on or before 2/5/13.

However, if it was produced on or before 2/5/13 and the dealer has done the FSA 13A01 update to Sync version 3.51, then you should be able to do the update to 3.62 using a flash drive.

Ok, my car came with 3.5.1 and was built 2/18/13 and I did install via flash successfully and was registered as installed

so why does does ford website say I need to go to a service center to install 3.6.2?

Ok, my car came with 3.5.1 and was built 2/18/13 and I did install via flash successfully and was registered as installed

so why does does ford website say I need to go to a service center to install 3.6.2?

Because Ford isn't very good at website operations.

Because Ford isn't very good at website operations.

My car was updated to 3.5.1 by the dealer.  The website says that 3.6.2 is available and that I need to make an appointment for the update.  I had previously installed 3.6.

Note that the service procedure (Application Performance Upgrade 13A01-Supplement #2) includes reprogramming the PCM to "latest level software" in addition to reprogramming the APIM.  I think that the APIM can be reprogrammed with a flash drive but that the PCM must be reprogrammed by the dealer. 

I did the 3.6.2 update myself, and syncmyride.com even says so. Nevertheless, syncmyride.com ALSO says that I need the 3.6.2 update, and I have to go to the dealer for it. Additionally, I received that letter today. Wth, indeed?

I suspect that Ford released it as a DIY update at first, because it totally could've been, but then changed their mind, possibly because too many people had problems with it, so they decided it would be easier to just send people to dealerships.

Basically, tech-unsavvy people ruining it for the rest of us. I bet when 3.7 comes out, Ford won't even consider giving us the option of downloading/installing it ourselves. :sigh:

Dropped mine off today for the MPG "update".. I've had a few issues with the 3.5..MFT update. I mentioned it to the service adviser and asked if they could go ahead update mine to V3.6. He told me that I already had the latest version.. I broke out the Ford letter related to 3.6 and was informed that a lot of people got those letters..The same adviser didn't understand military time, he thought my clock was messed up. I have no problem with DIY for V3.6... But since they already have the car... On a different note, new MPG stickers are on the C-Maxs at my local dealership.

Ford is pretty slow on the uptake when it comes to updating their website. My car got the 3.6.2 upgrade a week ago (and I confirmed that I have the latest version), but the web site still says I have 3.1.3. So I don't know why it takes them so long to update their website.

uuum no - car came with 3.1.3 installed from the factory when it was built in mid 2012, dealer upgraded it to 3.5.1 when it finally was released for the C-Max, asked the dealer to do it, wsa told they can't, downloaded it and popped the USB drive into the slot, it loaded 3.6.2 without a glitch,  updated SyncMyRide with the successful installation

Edited by Wingrider01