Just logged into my owner site. Clicked the sync link, and it said there was an update available. Our car was just built on 7/19, and we don't have it yet, But this was there....

What’s included in this update?

DA5T-14D544-BD Gen2 - V3.6.2

The latest SYNC® update includes all of the improvements from previous updates, plus additional benefits, such as:

• Information display on the homescreen for HD, Sirius (if equipped), and FM radio sources
  • Simplified graphics and improved usability
  • Enhanced voice destination entry for SD Card Navigation (if equipped)
  • Improved Navigation vehicle positioning (if equipped)
  • Rear view camera guidelines set to ON by default (if equipped)
  • Updated SYNC/device compatibility information

The installation of this update will take up to 30 minutes to complete. Be sure to keep your engine running, not in accessory mode, throughout the entire installation process. Turning off your vehicle during the update installation will disrupt the process. Although your vehicle must be in park when you begin the installation process, you may drive your vehicle while the update is downloading to your SYNC system. If your vehicle is equipped with the Intelligent Access with Push Button Start feature, you will need to temporarily disable the Automatic Engine Idle Shutdown (AEIS) component before beginning the installation in order to prevent your vehicle from timing out and shutting off the engine before the software update is complete. To disable this feature, use your steering wheel controls to navigate to the Settings menu on your left-hand Instrument Cluster LCD display. From there, select Vehicle >Auto Engine Off >Off. (If you do not see this setting, there is no need to make any changes before starting the update.) Alternatively, after initiating the installation, you may drive the vehicle during the update process to avoid the engine shutting off. The AEIS will automatically reset to "On" the next time you start your vehicle.

Please note: During the update installation, SYNC will temporarily appear to not recognize your mobile phone or media device. This is normal.

When your system has been successfully updated, SYNC will display a notification saying, "Installation complete."

Edited by slampro

syncmyride.com is where you get it.   I used a newly formatted FAT32 USB drive.  During the download from the website, the progress appeared to stop at various % and then jump.  Finally it was done; Download took about 10 minutes. 

The install went fine.  The ICE does not need to be running, but the car needs to be running in either EV or ICE.   I had the car mostly in EV mode, but did drive around the neighborhood for a few minutes as well.  Just disregard the reboots, the "don't recognize USB" message that might occur during middle of install, the fact that it stays forever on some install points (like installing update 3 of 9 took forever for me), and the black screens, and the radio going on/off at various points.  Eventually, after about 30 mins, it will be done and it will tell you so.  Then you reinsert the same USB back into your computer on the 4th part of the install and it uploads your results to syncmyride.com account.  Worked well for me.  Didn't try to see what has changed. 

PS:  after install the clock was off by an hour, had to sync it to GPS then manually add an hour.

PSS:  I also did a master reset when completed, not sure this is required, but I did it anyway.

For those who have the update available did you already have 3.5.1 installed?  I have touch but no nav and don't show any updates available in syncmyride.  The dealer has tried to upgrade to 3.5.1 twice but they just reinstalled 3.1.3 which was what was loaded when it was built in November. 

I tried to download this on my Mac but it wouldn't take me to the download link so I am downloading it from windows instead.  

I sucessfully downloaded on my mac after installing java and enabling java in my Firefox browser under Tools/Addons

Flash drive must be empty and formated for Dos Fat.

Edited by homestead

I can't get the software to download using Chrome, FF, Safari [all on mac], nor IE on Windows 7 running on a virtual machine.  

Check for Java 7 Update 25 in Tools/Add-Ons and make sure it is enabled.

When installing it appears to freeze several times but let it continue , it restarts itself 4 or 5 times in the

process of updating.

Edited by homestead

Ford really needs to fire it's website people. Requiring Java to put a file on a USB flash drive, really? Anytime I've had to update any consumer equipment firmware you just download using normal browser file download onto USB and that's it.

So, first have to download Java.....

That's done. But I too get "The dialog box pops up that says "Downloading", but then immediately generates an error box"

Same thing on both Internet Exploder and Firefox on Windows 7. Also, both browsers complained about the security certificate, anyone else get that?

Oh well. I'll see what happens after midnight.

12:30AM update. Still had the same problem so I started looking deeper. In the Java Console log I found an error 403 trying to access a file from www.syncmyride.com. When I tried to just access that file directly from the web browser (without using Java) I saw the familiar blocked web page generated by my firewall. However www.syncmyride.com isn't on the list of blocked web sites so it shouldn't have blocked it. Added www.syncmyride.com to the list of trusted websites and I can now download. I'm beginning to really hate computers :(

Edited by jdbob

After the update  noticed a new menu item to show gps location which when selected

shows latitude, longitude and elevation.  Also noticed it displaying compass heading of

the car on one of the screens.  I have SEL with MFT and no NAV.

Had to pair the phones again too.

Edited by homestead

Thanks for the heads up on this.  I actually checked SyncMyRide.com yesterday for an update since I have the FE Update scheduled for tomorrow morning.  I downloaded it and installed the update.  Went pretty smooth, yet I had to use a PC to download it.  It didn't seem to want to work on the Mac.  I read a few other posts on other sites about people have issues downloading it on the Mac setup.

If the syncmyride forums where still up you would see that the "minority" is a lot more then you think. Early builds seem to be the ones that have the most issues, ford changed something on the production line early 2013, my build was July of 2012, it was the 717th c-max to roll off the assemble line and I took delivery of it 10/2012. There are a few people here that have ongoing problems with the MFT system that seem not to be difficult to resolve. 

Agreed - I had my car delayed over a month due to something happening at the factory.

Installed 3.6, took just under 25 minutes to get the final "Success" message so don't get discouraged if the system seems to have hung.

Had to re-pair my phone, but have not seen any other affects.

Will try the Nav this week to see if it looks different, not sure what other changes are inside.

Does this update wipe out all the Nav favorites I have set?  I got it onto the a USB drive (after many hassles getting Java updated, and a very slow download) but I'm reluctant to install it because I have a long trip coming up and have many addresses already set up in the Nav. 

Does the update correct the bug that prevents phone book addresses from being used by the Nav system?

I didn't check the Nav favorites, but I would guess that it does.  

I didn't see any new features, but the whole system is much more responsive and quick.  Two places I really noticed it were on the screen that shows power flow between each component (the animated dotted lines are much smoother), and on the Entertainment screens.  Before, switching between inputs lagged and such.  Now, it doesn't.