STATE FARM new Drive Safe and Save program

catsailor

Got the new program that State Farm is offering, I signed up for 5% off my policy and they will monitor my driving habits via My Sync and supposedly offer up more discounts based on how I drive, now with the C Max that should be pretty boring. Amazing that they need permission to go to My Sync and tap habits. Technology or Big Brother is watching.

My agent is supposed to call me with more details once I signed up, should be interesting for sure. Anybody else hear of something like this.

Got the new program that State Farm is offering, I signed up for 5% off my policy and they will monitor my driving habits via My Sync and supposedly offer up more discounts based on how I drive, now with the C Max that should be pretty boring. Amazing that they need permission to go to My Sync and tap habits. Technology or Big Brother is watching.

My agent is supposed to call me with more details once I signed up, should be interesting for sure. Anybody else hear of something like this.

I signed up for this too.  My understanding is they ONLY track the number of miles you drive.  So if you drive less than the average bear you will receive higher discounts.  I have not renewed my policy since signing up though so we will see what benefit it comes with.  The letter said there is potential if you drive more for your rates to go up.

Edited by zhackwyatt

i don't have a c-max yet nor sync but signed up for this with my SF agent a month or so ago.they let you self report your mileage to see how much above / below the national avg you are  aand adjustadjust  accordingly.

only adjusts every 6 months i think

Edited by salsaguy

When this came out, I asked my agent about it.

My question was, if my driving was not up to their undefined standards, could the price go up?  He didn't know.  He called the home office and reported back that that might actually be the case.

Beware of clever schemes by insurance companies.  They are not necessarily in the business of saving you money.

Several insurers offer it now. I signed up with the Snapshot program with Progressive. I'm getting a 30% discount now that I'm driving like an old man in my CMax. This program measures the number of hard brakes, the time of day you drive and mileage.