The time draws nearer...

slampro

Just got an email from my dealer  :mail:

I have a railcar number!!!!  Maximal has left Detroit. :yahoo:   :drop: New eta of 8/14-20 :happy feet:  

But go figure, the latest entry(8/4) says it is delayed :redcard:  Due to "Conveyance Mechanical Failure" :swear:  :rant2:    New eta is TBD :nonono:

It is on Canadian National Railways, didn't think I would be able to track.

called the UP number, as they are the ones said to handle west of the Mississippi,  no luck there. 

:detective:  I called the CSX number, and got an update. As of 5pm(8/5) the hold :angry2: has been released, no eta available.

At least it's on its' way.....kinda  

(Eastern times)

As of 8/5  @ 5pm it is in Battlecreek MI.  

As of 8:55 pm(8/5) it has departed Battlecreek, no eta still, but I am sure that will change very soon.

8/5 - 11:55pm - Departed Flowers(?), IN. - No eta

8/6 - 5:00am  -  Arrived Gibson, IN.  -  No eta.

8/6 - 6:00pm.....still says "Arrived at Gibson, IN"  -  No eta.  Called UP line, no information available.  -

11:00pm- I have learned that Gibson is a county, and that there is a railyard called Gibson just outside Chicago in Hammond. The UP line says "Ramp Parking information not available for this equipment". So, I am guessing it is in the Chicago area.

(Central time)

8/7  -  4:45pm - Arrived at Blue Island, ILL. -  No eta.  Still in Chicago area.

8/8 - 4:20pm - Received at interchange, Blue Island, ILL. On BNSF. No eta. At least it is "on" the major carrier, and hopefully will be moving soon.

8/9 - 2:41am - Departed Galesburg, ILL - No eta. It has left Chicago.

- 4:36am - Departed Ft. Madison, Iowa - No eta.

- 12:43pm - Kansas City, KS - No eta.

- 6:36pm - Olathe, KS - No eta.

- 8:53pm - Emporia, KS - No eta.

- 10:58pm - Augusta, KS.

8/10 - 1:02am - Harper, Ks.

- 2:57am - Alva, OK.

- 12:33pm - Amarillo, TX - No eta. Less than 500 miles away.

- 4:40pm - Friona, TX.

- 5:22pm(Mountain time) - Clovis, NM - It's finally in my time zone.

8/13 - 2:16am - Ft. Sumner, NM - After over 48 hours in Clovis, it's rolling again.

- 6:37am - Mountainair, NM

- 11:52am - Belen, NM - It's only 3(ish) hours away on the interstate.

8/14 - 3:10am - Albuquerque, NM - It should be put on a truck here.

8/15 - 4:10am - Placed at customer location -  Albuquerque, NM.        

- 11:35am - Empty, Released by customer - Albuquerque, NM.

It's off the train, now for a 300ish mile truck ride to the dealer.

Shipped Convoy - Convoy # A115326 (Sierra Mountain Express ) Ramp 4B, Albuquerque, NM Aug-16-2013, 12:30 MT

Detroit to El Paso - Approx. 2045 miles total, the way the train went.

Edited by slampro

I have been calling about every hour to check update. :kookie:

At 11:55 it departed Fowler, IN. It is making good time, :shift:  if it keeps up it might be here by the end of the week(fingers crossed).

I am not going to bed tonight until it is on the west side of the Mississippi. :sing_rain:

Been calling the numbers all day no change. Then I hear a different company mentioned. (IHB) Indiana Harbor Belt R.R.. They have an online tracer... :happy feet:

They....gave it to BNSF at 1:06 this afternoon.  [EDIT] IHB is a switcher company it is in a holding pattern around Chicago.

BNSF....has a secure trace both over the phone and online. You have to be a customer to trace the car. I signed up, to see if I could get access. I am the transportation supervisor of the piano service, and we :airquote: may need to ship some pianos. They say it takes a day or two for a live person to review and approve/deny your registration to be a customer.

As of now I can't track it and don't know where it is...at least I know it has been moving(I think). :waiting:

Edited by slampro

Well, can't sign up for BNSF. Have to have a yourname@yourcompany  email. I used to, but not anymore, oh well.

The car is now at Blue Island Illinois railyard in Riverdale, still in Chicago area.

At least it's one day closer. Eric at Ford(Facebook) said he saw an eta of 8/18. I really hope it gets here sooner.

Our payment is due on the F150, so we are going to see if we can do the trade in and paperwork tomorrow.

Although now that I think about it, "slam" and piano moving don't really go too well together...   :lol:

Ha! The slampro name comes from a business I owned called Slam Productions. I (used to) do concert booking, promotion, sound, and etc. It actual has a meaning, Sound Light And Music.

It's ok, I have learned that I can trace it through either CSX or UP. It appears that they all use the same database for tracing.

As of now, it is still in a holding pattern around Chicago.

Edited by slampro

Hee...u know its traditional here to purchase a brand new pair of sunnies to go with the new CMax - ubber coolness  ;)

HeHe, another phrase that made me :headscratch: . I think I got this one though. Your "sunnies" are my sunglasses. I have to wear prescription lenses when I drive, day & night. I use clip-ons during the day. I have been meaning to get a new pair. I have been thinking about getting a lens called Drivewear. It is from Transitions, and changes while in the car, unlike most other transition types. They will even transition a bit in really bright indoor light. 

Still in K.C. That train needs to get rolling.