I just picked up my car with all 4 updates........

Recumpence

Hey Guys,

I just picked up my car from my dealer with all four updates installed. At this point I have over 31,000 miles on my car. So, it is completely broken in. My typical average for a day of driving ranges from 58mpg to 60.5mpg. So, over the next couple days, I will report back on how the updates improve my (mostly 35mph) mileage.

I hope the in town mileage improves with these updates. I know highway mileage is what Ford was trying to improve.

Matt

Matt - Like you we get 55+ MPG around the city in our FFH. I have not seen any improvement since the update. It seems that if you're already getting great gas mileage you aren't going to see any improvement. The people getting so-so gas mileage seem to be the ones seeing the most improvement and those with poor mileage (likely because of their driving habits) don't see much improvement.

I hope you do see better gas mileage, but try not to be disappointed like I was if it doesn't get any better.

Matt, why haven't you signed up on fuelly.com yet???

or added it to your sig, if you have.??

Hey Guys,

I just picked up my car from my dealer with all four updates installed. At this point I have over 31,000 miles on my car. So, it is completely broken in. My typical average for a day of driving ranges from 58mpg to 60.5mpg. So, over the next couple days, I will report back on how the updates improve my (mostly 35mph) mileage.

I hope the in town mileage improves with these updates. I know highway mileage is what Ford was trying to improve.

Matt

Edited by salsaguy

the high mpg crowd was not the ones suing Ford, complaining and hurting their reputation on their new hybrid cars, so I'm sure they wanted to tweak it to get the higher mpg on the hwy, even though that goes against what a hybrid is about usually.

Really? I should tell my attorney to withdraw the suit then....

DAMN!

Here I was thinking I can sue because I am NOT getting the promised 47/47/47.... who said more is better, they lied!

I feel so cheated. Still. Prii?

:twister:

Hey Guys,

Matt

With your aero mods, you'll cream it. Sounds like I am only a wee back from you, mine is still in the shop until the end of the week. Apparently I might have some sort of coolant leak as well...we shall see when I talk to my SA when I pick it up.

& hurry up, its kinda boring sitting here in the 800 Club by myself...come grab the crown.... :victory:  &  :skateboard:  &  :headspin:

Edited by Jus-A-CMax

Well, I have put my first full day of driving on the car and averaged 60.4mpg for the day. Very good, indeed, but not beyond a very good day before the updates. A few more days of driving will be very telling.

I have to say I love the updates! I like the power flow screen. That is excellent when cruising and not using the GPS. I hated looking at the boring home screen. At least the power flow screen looks pretty and gives you something to be amused by (and the passengers). I noticed the commands are all processed much faster than before. I also noticed the hybrid system behaving differently. I cannot put my finger on exactly what that difference is, but it is different in behavior.

I will keep posting my findings as I have them.

Oh, my lifetime MPG is currently 48.1 with 97% brake score. Averaging 41mpg over the winter has killed me.   :)

Matt

OK, I just finished my second day in a row averaging over 60mpg. It is rare to have two 60mpg days in a row. So, I may be seeing a tiny improvement in my in town driving with the updates. At this point, it looks like it is helping me somewhere around 1/2 to 1mpg. That is hard to say, however, until I have a larger number of days with the updates to see how everything averages out.

Matt

Edited by Recumpence

The easiest thing to check is to see if the main screen shows the outside temperature next to the time at the top center of the large screen. If so, you have the latest update. If the top of the large LCD screen shows only the time, you need the update/s.

Oh, every day since my update (3 work days in a row), I have averaged 60mpg. So, either the weather has been perfect and my driving has been perfect, or the updates have helped my in town MPG by around 1mpg or so.

Matt

Thanks!  My display is showing both time & temp so it sounds like the OS is up to date.

I did the SYNC 3.6 update last Thursday, then I noticed on my account page with Ford.com that it's now saying I need to take the vehicle in to a dealership for SYNC 3.6.2.  Is it usual for them to roll SYNC updates out back to back within days?