$550 goodwill payment, relabeling of mpg, and changes coming for 2014

nemonik

These three statements seem to contradict each other. If you like the car, why would you not repeat the purchase?

The car is nice.  The dealership who sold the car is not service oriented.  Tried another one closer by and it was even worse.  And we aren't alone obviously when you read the forum.  Lots of dealerships have soured many on the car.  I remember test driving every hybrid made by Toyota and didn't like any, but oh my did I love the dealership as they were very professional and very kind.  Both hubby and I felt guilty for not buying from Toyota LOL.  Wish I can say one good thing about Ford experience --other than the car is nice but not the company representatives.  Thus couldn't and wouldn't recommend them to anyone else and would never buy from them again.  Hubby wants to run screaming back to Lexus and likely will.

Edited by Laurel

I have 31,400 miles on my car and I average 59mpg in summer and 42 in winter (in town). I love this car. Of course, I have not had any problems with it yet. But, so far so good.

My dealer know quite a bit about the cars now. When I bought mine, I knew more than they did, however.

As a side note;

When I took my car in for all the updates, the service guy almost shouted "Is that correct? 31,000 miles? Seriously? Geeze, that is a lot of miles!"   :)

Matt

I have 31,400 miles on my car and I average 59mpg in summer and 42 in winter (in town). I love this car. Of course, I have not had any problems with it yet. But, so far so good.

My dealer know quite a bit about the cars now. When I bought mine, I knew more than they did, however.

As a side note;

When I took my car in for all the updates, the service guy almost shouted "Is that correct? 31,000 miles? Seriously? Geeze, that is a lot of miles!"   :)

Matt

We've had our C-Max Hybrid since Sept. 28 & we have about 33,000 miles

Oh oh ... 17% better mileage than EPA rating - post the 13B07 - experienced during normal commutes this week!  Does that mean I need to pay Ford $550?

Oh hell yes...judging by some concensus here...get with the program.... :lol2:

ps i am not sensible. the heat has got to me...112F today...and not a cold beer anywhere in sight.

Edited by Jus-A-CMax

no worries.all is good.one of my all-time favorite bands (the one that got me into music and playing guitar)  is from Canada.recently induced into the rock n roll hall of fame.can you guess who??  :)

Salsaguy I apologize for sounding snotty about Canada.  I know you were trying to help.  I'm thin skinned over some things and shouldn't be.

I still have not had the 13B07 update, and I am already fine with the MPG I am getting. My last 3 tanks have all been in the 46 MPG range. Higher would be nice, but I can't remember owning any car that even came this close to the EPA sticker without total baby driving. But I still have no problem taking the check. That almost pays the extra for the extended warranty when I added 2 more years.

I will probably schedule the updates next week. I have a trip to San Diego and it would be nice to get it done before then.

Does anyone else feel like Ford swung too far in the other direction here?  I mean I am starting to feel like +3 golfer does how Ford was shady about how they rated the mpg for the C-Max, but I haven't had a problem averaging 50+ mpg on my daily work commute that from everything I have read is similar in speed and duration to the EPA highway test and many other people here hit the 47 mpg mark without much effort.  45/40/43 just feels too low, I mean we had a poll going here whether the car should be 47 city 44 highway!  On my vacation, my only extended highway driving since buying the car, I averaged 43.1 mpg over 1000 miles of highway driving using Eco Cruise 90% of the time with air conditioning 75% of the time and an average speed around 69 mph. (71 mph up and 67 mph back)  Turn off the AC and pulse & glide instead of using Eco-Cruise and I'm sure I could have done 45+ mpg for the trip.

Edit:  Not saying that we should have to turn off the AC and pulse & glide to get the EPA rating, just that I could have done better and even with the AC on and Eco-Cruise I topped the new 40 mpg highway easily.

Edited by SnitGTS

I still have not had the 13B07 update, and I am already fine with the MPG I am getting. My last 3 tanks have all been in the 46 MPG range. Higher would be nice, but I can't remember owning any car that even came this close to the EPA sticker without total baby driving. But I still have no problem taking the check. That almost pays the extra for the extended warranty when I added 2 more years.

I will probably schedule the updates next week. I have a trip to San Diego and it would be nice to get it done before then.

Really?  Never recall a Vehicle matching or (exceeding) The EPA Fuel Estimates?  I had one I just traded in for a new 2013 C-MAX.  My 2011 Fiesta SE Hatchback that from day of delivery always got 33-35 mpg city and 41-43 mpg highway with A/C (always) on!  EPA Sticker was 28 City and 38 Highway, LOL No optional Special Fuel Efficiency Package either.  Spare tire and Jack Kit in Truck too.  "NO" Tire Mobility Kit containing a toy air compressor and can of tire sealant goo that fouls your TPM Sensors either.

I absolutely love my C-Max. Everything about it......comfort, ride, handling, high-end tech, and the mileage. I have had ALL of the upgrades done and all without a hitch. I am fortunate to have two dealers equidistant from me and make use of both of them.......they are top notch.

I traded a 2011 Flex SEL ( my second one ) and got top dollar. I had a factory rebate and a private rebate that I applied to the C-Max. I also used my company's X-Price Plan with Ford. I went into the process well informed and with realistic expectations. I got a GREAT deal and have been satisfied beyond expectations.

I had to change and adapt my driving skills and habits to fit the C-Max to achieve the highest MPG. I am a better driver for it and it pays off at the pump.

And now I am getting a $550.00 check from Ford......SWEET. 

Very likely, indeed.  Both Kia and Hyundai both in the U.S. and Canada have initiated Cash Rebate Debit Cards to Owners of certain Model Vehicles that did`nt meet projected Fuel Economy numbers.  Based on annual miles driven and verified at HKAG Dealerships, a pre-loaded Visa/MC is issued every year as long as you own the car based on actual miles driven and compensated accordingly. Time will tell......

Very likely, indeed.  Both Kia and Hyundai both in the U.S. and Canada have initiated Cash Rebate Debit Cards to Owners of certain Model Vehicles that did`nt meet projected Fuel Economy numbers.  Based on annual miles driven and verified at HKAG Dealerships, a pre-loaded Visa/MC is issued every year as long as you own the car based on actual miles driven and compensated accordingly. Time will tell......

I'll take the one time cash up-front any day over all that hassle!

It would make financial sense for Ford to do the credit card thing based on mileage.  I have had my C-Max almost 9 months and only have 6,000 kilometers (3600 miles) on it.  They wouldn't owe me much.  There probably aren't too many like me but who knows?

I expect you're right, but it is called a "goodwill" payment.  Putting us through "track your mileage", "go to the dealer", wait for a card", over and over every year wouldn't build much goodwill with me.  I hate those kind of hassles.  And if you sell or trade the car (even for another C-Max, I expect) you don't get any more money.  The up-front payment is definitely the right thing for Ford to do.  I might just set ours aside for a 2014 model! :drool: 

Does anyone else feel like Ford swung too far in the other direction here?  I mean I am starting to feel like +3 golfer does how Ford was shady about how they rated the mpg for the C-Max, but I haven't had a problem averaging 50+ mpg on my daily work commute that from everything I have read is similar in speed and duration to the EPA highway test and many other people here hit the 47 mpg mark without much effort.  45/40/43 just feels too low, I mean we had a poll going here whether the car should be 47 city 44 highway!  On my vacation, my only extended highway driving since buying the car, I averaged 43.1 mpg over 1000 miles of highway driving using Eco Cruise 90% of the time with air conditioning 75% of the time and an average speed around 69 mph. (71 mph up and 67 mph back)  Turn off the AC and pulse & glide instead of using Eco-Cruise and I'm sure I could have done 45+ mpg for the trip.

Edit:  Not saying that we should have to turn off the AC and pulse & glide to get the EPA rating, just that I could have done better and even with the AC on and Eco-Cruise I topped the new 40 mpg highway easily.

This has been bothering me also.  Since Ford is doing a major recall that is suppose to fix the problem, why don't they wait to see if in fact their adjustments work?