Rainette

RachelnLa

The dealer where I bought the car told me their hands were tied when it came to a loaner. Really? Thankfully, my car is at a local dealer and they seem a little more willing. It took me calling ford customer service and requesting a car before it got rolling. I have had to followup several times before it actually happened. I don't think anyone believes in customer service.

The dealer where I bought the car told me their hands were tied when it came to a loaner. Really? Thankfully, my car is at a local dealer and they seem a little more willing. It took me calling ford customer service and requesting a car before it got rolling. I have had to followup several times before it actually happened. I don't think anyone believes in customer service.

Thats utter BS on their part, they won't try that crap if it was your hubby bringing it in...seriously. Just go back to your buying dealer and speak with the real manager and tell him, this was the last car you will buy from them - after this is all over. Lets see how they react...if they are stupid enuf to keep up their arrogant attitude, they're adios.

I have to agree. They were much more helpful with my husband. I guess I should have gone to the dealer but I have to work. The dealer we purchased it from told me their hands were tied because I didn't have the extended warranty. Extended?? I haven't made it to the first yr with the car. Then she told me she didn't have a car available to loan me even IF they were able. Really? That makes no sense. If I had the extended warranty you would magically have a car? This is the reason I called ford myself. We had the car towed and they have to bring it to the nearest dealer. That's why it's here in town. Which I am glad. I can pop over easier.

Thankfully ford came thru for me.

Yes, I do fid it amusing that Ford Motor finally did, a corporation vs a dealer. Ford never get any kudos for that. I would stay with this local dealer and hope they return Rainette soon...suxors to drive a :flyaway:  a biplane...when the stealth bomber is out of action.

Edited by Jus-A-CMax

Rachel sorry to hear about Rainette!  I'm glad they eventually saw the light and gave the loaner as that would have been asinine not to do that on their part.  I would have been picketing them if they refused.  Years ago I bought a new Skoda (I know kind of a crazy thing to do LOL) and some of that oil protection stuff that they coat cars with on ships got spilled inside my new car and it had fumes that made me sick.  They did give me a loaner while they tried to get rid of the smell.  They couldn't get rid of it and said I would have to live with it.  I said "I want a new car" and they said no.  I told them fine then I would just keep the loaner.  They went silent and hung up.  Got a phone call in a few hours saying they had a new car for me.  I think they thought I was bonkers LOL.

Hi rachelnLa,

I saw you were also from Louisiana and was wondering if it was the dealer by my home. I am from the northshore area and also brought a C Max in Feb. But so far thank God no serious problems with it having 10,000 miles now( except for having some trouble updating which took 2 days) I also asked for a loaner and was told about the same thing, but at the end they rented me one form Enterprise because I had to be in Baton Rouge that day. So hang in there but hold your ground with them, because you are right it is a new car that was brought from them.

Hi rachelnLa,

I saw you were also from Louisiana and was wondering if it was the dealer by my home. I am from the northshore area and also brought a C Max in Feb. But so far thank God no serious problems with it having 10,000 miles now( except for having some trouble updating which took 2 days) I also asked for a loaner and was told about the same thing, but at the end they rented me one form Enterprise because I had to be in Baton Rouge that day. So hang in there but hold your ground with them, because you are right it is a new car that was brought from them.

Yes, I am! I bought my car in Texas. It is currently at a dealer in Sulphur. I am in Lake Charles. What part of the state are you in? Do you post on the cmax page on Facebook? I thought I saw another cmax owner from a small town out east. Neat to meet another from LA. Me, my dad, a good friend of mine, and a total stranger have cmaxs here in town. I saw the stranger getting gas the other day and I was pressed for time or I would have pulled in to chat. You know how us Cajuns are! Never meet a stranger.

Hi RachelnLa,

Just getting back to you, could not found the thread lol. But I am across the lake from New Orleans, close enough to go into city but far enough to get away from all the city traffic. I am not in Facebook . Wow that's def a good commercial for CMax you ,dad ,your friend and another all own the same car. I have to agree it is a great car, Take care and hope your car problem has been resolved.

You re on!

Trust me, one day I will and I bring the wifey....I have never been to New Orleans, closest is Tampa. If I see those "no see um" I am outta there...they ate me for breakfast, lunch, dinner, supper, breakfast, lunch, dinner, supper, pizza-midnight snack, lunch, dinner, supper, breakfast....ssssh.

Edited by Jus-A-CMax