Rainette

RachelnLa

SEL should have no issues with the batts....at least not as common as the SEs, something is not right if it does happen. Lemon law is the way to go - changed my mind - Ford has had enough "samples" to figure this issue out especially with all their 100s of engineers they employ. Enuf is enuf. Pray you're not on that list anymore Rainette..."

Edited by Jus-A-CMax

Adair asked about the battery because while it was in the dealerships possession the battery drained. They claimed something like the door must have been left ajar. Uh. No. It will time out and turn off. They had no other explanation. I had to call pop a lock to get the door open because I had not put the key in the fob. It was in the car and the car was dead. Once they changed the manifold they tested the battery to make sure it had not been damaged. So far so good.

I am running out of dealers! My car was filthy when I got it back. Filthy. Rich went back in and told them to come clean the seats and the floor. There were fingerprints all over the doors and the hood. If I had someone vehicle for two months, I think I could have found time to clean it. I can see me handing in a chart to my boss with coffee stains!?!? I just wanted my baby back. I scrubbed it myself.

Porter went in for first local service today. Van Bortel Ford in Fairport NY. First thing the service advisor did was "take a little data" but he went out with paper floor mats and a sheet of plastic... Looks promising.

BTW, found the receipt for the car's first service. No updates, just an oil change at 5K miles... 2 weeks before my father-in-law went in for surgery. Makes you wonder if he was getting his affairs in order...

HAve fun,

Frank

Hi RachelinLa,

I am glad to hear Rainette is back home where she belongs. I just chatted with JusACMax and he told me what to do to get Forita in the profile box. Here she is sleeping in the garage, till its time for our next trip. She now has 11,000 miles but still looks like the day I brought her off the showroom on a cool Feb morning.

Wow that is really good, I Forita hit the 47 mpg mark the other day coming from New Orleans crossing the causeway, man I was impressed , but to be honest I was happy when she was getting 40 mpg, never had an auto get that. The last update does work it took a few trips to build the mpg back up after they reset everything.