Dear deer

finkins

I have an appointment for Tomorrow to have an insurance adjuster look at my car (you got to be kidding me ). Since when do you have to make an appointment to have car looked at! :rant2:

I picked up 2014 FFH SE as rental car today so I will be able to do some testing on it with my Grill Covers. I got 53.5MPG coming back from Atlanta, 41mi about 55degrees, drafting on I85 :shift:  Doesn't have power of CMAX but good gas mileage.

Paul

The 2014 CMAX and FFH have different power train than 2013 CMAX and FFH.  About a hundred miles today and 52.8MPG :)

Paul

Paul - first, glad you're ok. Also, we're enjoying at the FFH Forum hearing your learning from driving your rental FFH with grille covers. However, the 2014 FFH powertrain is unchanged. Only the 2014 C-Max has the changes Ford talked about when lowering the official C-Max MPG ratings. The 2014 FFHs were already in production when that happened. 2014 FFHs started rolling off the assembly line in early July. The 2014 FFH has the same exact powertrain as the 2013 FFH and the 2013 C-Max.

Edited by hybridbear

Thanks for the info Hybridbear! Hopefully will have MadMax back in a couple of weeks - damage $5,491.00. Expensive buck.

How much more does a Fusion weigh than a C-Max?

Thanks, Paul

What's this... tis a season for dinging up the CMaxs? Glad you're ok Paul, slight tense is better than a full blown whiplash as far as I can tell although the damage to the Cmax is pure crap. However, I am amazed your front end is about 1/2 the incurred damage compared to my rear ender. This week be thankful all of us still have our limbs and can walk, everything can go at a click of the fingers, thats for sure.

You need to import some Roo bars for the CMax. There goes the MPG. When I was back home, I never hit a roo but its gotta be worse than a deer given that roos leap into the air and you clip'em mid flight...ouch. However, I know a few mates who work and travel around the bush and its the worse and most common damage to the cars in the outback. Speaking of which, I need to call'em up for this Christmas....

Thank goodness there are no deers/roos around Los Angeles..

Hey Paul,

You show 13.77 gal to fill on that long tankful but 13.9 if measured by GPS.  How do you get GPS to expand the tank?

The GPS said we went 909.4mi. and the pump said we used 13.9gals which was the actual. The Smart Gauge is not perfect and GPS and pump is as good as it gets. :)

Paul

• 1 year later...

My deer cost 10K.  Although my car never stopped running.  I was able to drive home another 60 miles.  I drove to the dealership the next morning.  That was Feb 19th.  My car was supposed to be ready today.  However when I got in it the hybrid battery was dead and the ICE would not fire.  Bummer.  It ran better before I got it fixed.

post-1463-0-23600400-1426210547_thumb.jpg