new trans at 52k miles

AZTAXI

The CRZ is probably classified as a "mild hybrid" due to it's small electric motor.

Maybe he should have said "No GOOD hybrids...." :)

I don't now what you define as good, but I was thinking of the Hyundai/KIA Hybrids. They have a 6-speed automatic. Edited by HannahWCU

Not sure what your concern is, it's not anything like the starter on a conventional car. It's really just a smaller (64KW versus 88KW) version of the traction motor.

Yep! MG1 is the actual starter motor for the ICE. 

It's also considered part of the hybrid system and should carry the 8/100k - 15/150K warranty!

Edited by drdiesel1

Anybody catch post 19 saying the starter is also an internal component? Not good. Sounds like I'll be extended warranty shopping soon.

If you're shopping a warranty, be sure it's the correct coverage.  I wouldn't recommend anything other than Ford's ESP warranty.

I wouldn't buy one with a deductible, either. Paying a deductible on top of the warranty is crazy, IMO.  Don't buy the cheapest coverage or you'll find yourself without the coverage on the items you're most concerned about. Don't believe anything a salesman tells you either.

READ the fine print and know what you're buying before signing on the dotted line and paying them a dime.

Edited by drdiesel1