Just bought the first Ford C-Max, SEL, in Albuquerque area from Rich Ford Edgewood, NM

bkawaii7

Old thread but thought I'd post my findings from this weekend under similar conditions:  Interstate @75mph/eco-cruise into a strong, strong headwinds.  Low point of 29.9mpg but avg out at 31mpg for the interstate leg.  Overall tank avg of 37mpg was brought up due to the heavy traffic and stop/go in Houston during rush hour and about 50 miles of 65mph with tailwind on the last 1/4 of the tank.

My return leg via two land highways had a slight tailwind (mainly crosswinds) @ 65mph/eco-cruise with a route through several small towns and netted 42.2mpg.  A/C use for about 1/2  onof the leg.

thanks for the update, still driving my c-max daily, avg as settled in at 39 to 40,  we drive about 120 miles a day, up and down the canyon freeway, Maybe it would do better with a flat route, but we don't have that option. anyway we are happy to get 40, it is better than the 15 mpg that the GX56 got.  LOL

yup love the door system on my Passat SEL Premium. Sad to hear C-Max doesn't have something similar.

The C-Max does not work nearly as well as our Passats on door lock notifications or functionality.

For example in our Passat's, you park the vehicle, get out, touch the door handle, start walking toward your work, store or whatever. When the last person exits and all doors are closed your horn sounds confirming the doors have locked. Unlock your Passat and if you don't open one of the doors within about a minute or so it will automatically re-lock the doors. All of these features are programmable through the VW MDI display on the dash.

There is no autolock, audible notification, or any way to program any lock feature in the C-Max.

• 2 months later...

update at 28K, our C-Max is still doing great, the wife is beginning to like the car, she mentioned the other day that it drives nice, she being a truck girl. Had the software update installed last month, it took the dealer 2 days to figure out how to do it and then he did not have the right chip to do the install, had the chip overnighted to the dealer and he had it fixed the next day, we like the new features, temp on the display and easy Bluetooth hookup, plus separate music and phone.

Mine too, I originally thought I could use that to double check successful door locks.

If you press the black "button" on the front handle you can immediately pull on the handle after you hear the doors lock to verify the doors are locked. If you have fob in your pocket all doors can unlock the car by touching the handle.

• 3 weeks later...

Fresh update on our CMax, Took the car in for the new powertrain update, this is the one that let's you drive up to 85mph in EV. Since we have a 40 mile drive downhill to work in the mornings. I thought this would be a interesting test.  We were averaging 39mpg round trip before the update. After the update we are up to 45mpg. The downhill trip shows 60 to 70 mpg and the uphill coming home runs about 44mpg, big improvment for us.  Thanks Ford!  I don't know what the update number is, we just got a letter saying to take it in to the dealer, it took him about 3 hours to do the update and so far no problems with anything, our total mileage is just over 30K and we have been driving the car about 10 months

• 2 months later...

The rack is all Yakima, I used the standard Q pylons Q128 clips and 58” wide bars. Don't remember the measurements, have to check that when I get back if anyone is interested. I had to set everything up and then fit and tweak several times before I got it to fit, if you look in the Yakima catalog they do not show any of their racks fitting the C-Max. Guess cause it is new. Do not do this if you do not know to fit the rack it will come off while driving if not done properly. The cargo box is just standard Yakima, I think I have the 21cuft size.

Thanks for posting this!  I'm about to get a C-max and am glad to see I can get my existing Q-towers to fit before Yakima come out with a fit kit.  I'm curious how you selected the Q128 clips.  Are they the ford focus clips (similar roof geometry?).  Also, there are apparently different rubber pads, as well, but I've never been able to figure out what the differences in those are- do you know which pads you have?  And finally, if you have time to get measurements (or even just post a full side profile pic) that would be great, though I can probably install it just fine from what you're showing already.

Kind of a Light Blue/Green Metallic with clearcoat, looks nice. If you looking for one, the ford dealer in Santa Fe called me today and said he had just recieved 2 of them

A white and grey. Plus they seem to have lots of them in Denver,Co But I had already bought mine Wed.

I know my local dealer in northern california Frontier Ford has at least a dozen CMax in various colors and options.  There was at least two in Ice Blue the last time I checked.  I'm sure a trade could be arranged between dealers.

• 1 month later...

Sorry it took so long to reply to this post, I selected the 128 q post by reviewing the cars that it did fit, and then comparing the roof line contour to the C-Max, the q128 seems to be the best and it worked well, I had to do several re-adjustments to find the best fit. but it worked perfect in the end.

Also getting a solid 42mpg in winter driving here in New Mexico, this car has saved me a lot of money on gas.

I'd be very surprised to not hear that having that cargo carrier on the roof didn't cause a big MPG loss.  Ford designed it to slip through the air with only the given footprint.  Anything else is like putting a wall at a right angle to the roofline.  It will create drag but how much I'm not sure?  How much of a gambler are you is all I can say.  I can understand that if you take a cross country trip with 4 riders there's not much extra room behind the sets for all their needed stuff, a.k.a. luggage.  So what else can you do?  Guess I'm glad it's just me and the wife when we venture out for a road trip.

• 1 year later...

Update for our Cmax. We now have over 58,000 miles no problems for the last 2 yr or so. Just normal maintenance, oil changes, filters etc

Still running on the original tires although I will have to replace them before winter this year. Everything is working as it should. Our Cmax is a daily driver usually 60 to 100 miles, we live out in the mountains east of Albuquerque and work in ABQ. So back and forth Monday to Friday. Lifetime MPG is 41.9