Order to Delivery Time Thread

ScooterS

That's really strange.  All the letters and numbers were available when I did it.

I guess you'll have to change your wifi password to tctcctctttctct or something.  :-)

I'm seeing others with this same problem over on the Owner to Owner forum, even after upgrading to 3.5.1:

http://boards.synccommunity.com/n/pfx/forum.aspx?tsn=29&nav=messages&webtag=fordsyncmb&tid=5590

Thanks! Now I have to change my password to something different since you showed the world. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I just ordered a 2013 C-MAX SEL /w 303a & Sunroof in Blue Candy last week.

Was quoted 6-8 Weeks for delivery.

Welcome BigRed (You wouldn't be in Michigan, would you?)

That's exactly what I have and I love it! I ordered mine on Oct. 14 and drove it home on Nov. 29. I hope your delivery is just as fast.

There's plenty of info here to fill your time while you are waiting.

Happy reading!

As a special order my car never showed as inventory for my dealer either.  At least here, dealer ordered cars normally show as soon as a window sticker is available for the car either through the Ford dealer inventory search or on the dealer website.  It varies from dealer to dealer on how they show that the car is actually in stock.  My dealer puts 'Call for the price' on their website until the car is physically there.  Some  put an estimated date of arrival, and others show  the VIN on in stock cars.  If they do not keep their website updated, it can be a pure guess, and occasionally cars can be on the lot the sales people do not even know about.

My salesperson was good at giving me weekly updates on the car, so I knew within a week when the VIN was assigned, and the build to week date.  As with Rachel, it can be like pulling teeth to get the visibility report from some dealers even though it only takes them a few minutes to look it up.  Until the car is in transit, the visibility report is normally updated on Thursday or Friday of the week.  Once in transit it can get updated multiple times a day.  The window sticker normally is a week before the car is scheduled to be built.  The wait can still be excruciating, but with bugging the dealer you can be kept informed on the status.

I knew when I test drove the car that it was the one I wanted, and after the wait, I have not been disappointed.

My dealership puts the car on they're website as new inventory as soon as the vin is assigned. Nothing about time of delivery or even if the car is on the lot. They must do that on purpose to get people to call or stop in looking for the cars. There are 2 on the website now that are not delivered yet.

Model: C-Max SEL with 302A option package & panoramic roof

Ordered: Feb. 1, 2013

Delivery anticipated: March 22, 2013; now estimated March 25  April 2

VIN available: Got it March 5 (late, dealer emailed to wrong addr)

Window Sticker available: Yes

Build Date: March 12, 2013

Actual Delivery: March 28

Based on some of the other posts here, it looks like the March 22 promised delivery date is pretty optimistic!

(But turned out to be only 6 days off.)

Alan

Updated March 7, 26, 28

Edited by colea

I order a silver SEL with 302A package Febuary 2nd.It  was just asigned a vin number this past Saturday. I looked up my window sticker and the build date will be Thursday Feb 28th. I expect delivery within 2 weeks of the build date. :happy feet:

Hrm, about 3 weeks to get a VIN? Not bad. I will have to harass my dealer at the 3 week mark.

I ordered mine Feb 14th and was quoted a early April delivery estimate.

Hi, I'm new here. I've placed an order for a Tuxedo Black SE with 203A package. The sales person that I'm in contact with told me they placed the order on Feb 19th. They told me it will take 6 to 8 weeks for the delivery which is the standard answer.

Just a quick question though, will we lose the $750 cash incentive if we take delivery after Apr 1st?

Edited by TurtleMax

Hi, I'm new here. I've placed an order for a Tuxedo Black SE with 203A package. The sales person that I'm in contact with told me they placed the order on Feb 19th. They told me it will take 6 to 8 weeks for the delivery which is the standard answer.

Just a quick question though, will we lose the $750 cash incentive if we take delivery after Apr 1st?

Check with your dealer.  The dealer I ordered from said that I would get the cash incentive in place at the time I ordered.  And if the cash incentive in place at the time of delivery was better, I would receive the better cash incentive.

Check with your dealer.  The dealer I ordered from said that I would get the cash incentive in place at the time I ordered.  And if the cash incentive in place at the time of delivery was better, I would receive the better cash incentive.

Your sales rep can file paperwork to lock in the current rebate.

In my case the system would only accept the rebates in affect at the time of delivery, which was $250 less.  The sales person submitted paperwork to Ford showing the rebates in affect at the time that I ordered the car, Ford approved it, and after signing a form to have the check sent directly to me, I had a check for the difference less two weeks later from the Incentive Protection program.  Private cash offers, like a $750 rebate I received after signing up for more information the C-Max on the website have to be used by the printed expiration date that accompanies your customer number, although Ford will sometimes extend them automatically when you have a car on order.  Mine was due to expire in a week, but the salesperson showed that it had been extended three months.  General incentives do not expire like mentioned, but you can take a larger offer if available at delivery.