Order to Delivery Time Thread

ScooterS

Finally got the window sticker today!!

It is a sterling gray SEL with 302A package ordered on 1/8/2013.

The sticker shows a build date of 3/15/2013.

It should be here just in time for spring weather. :happy feet:

Not sure I understand how the scheduling works, but my similar car (Candy Blue SEL with 302A), ordered on Feb. 1, is scheduled to be built next Tuesday, 3/12. Ordered 3 weeks later, being built 3 days earlier. Hmmm, sorry ceemax71, hope this doesn't add to the image of we New Yorkers being pushy!

The delay seems to be due to the dealer allocation thing.

After doing a google search, I found this regarding the dealer's allocation.

Link

"Ford determines on a monthly basis, based on existing inventory, sales rate and "Days Supply" how many of each vehicle line will be produced for the following production month. Once that number is determined, Dearborn determines the allocation for each Region which eventually gets down to determining the allocation for each Dealer. It's a simple "Turn & Earn" system where the more vehicles sold, the greater the allocation."

The delay is not all bad, though. 

I missed having to drive it in the 2 feet of snow we had in the last 2 weeks. 

The average fuel efficiency should get off to a better start with warmer weather. 

And hopefully Ford will have solved some of the software issues with MFT. :)

Edited by ceemax71

I ordered mine November 20th. FINALLY got a build date of March 6th. It was built on schedule and is now in shipping stage to be at the dealer on Monday March 11th. I understand the holiday season slowed it down but dang that is a long wait. Got vin# Feb 1st and then got the window sticker on Feb 28th.From start to finish, assuming it does arrive this next week will be about 16 weeks.

At least it was built the day the sticker showed and looks like shipping is going to be less than one week. Cant wait till Monday to see if its arrived. They have to install the remote starter system so hoping for possession onTuesday or Wednesday at the latest.

Ruby Red, SEL with the 302A package. Got about all options except parking assist and the roof. Yeppie! :wub2:

Hi Everyone

Just got THE CALL!!!!!  My Baby is here. :happy feet: They are getting her off the truck now and will prep her tomorrow. I will pick her up on Wednesday :yahoo: Lets see how I do next 2 days without sleep LOL

OK  On to business. Time from Order to Delivery. I placed the order Saturday Feb 2nd, the VIN was assigned 3 weeks later Saturday Feb. 23rd. My babies B-Day was Thursday Feb 28th. Just arrived at the dealer Monday March 11th. So 5 weeks from order to delivery. NOT BAD FORD

Hope everyone here waiting on delivery gets there cars as fast as I did.

I got Maxi just in time for the road construction to start. I have 2 construction sights to travel through on my way to and from work. Just started putting out the barrels over the weekend They are do to last 3 years. I just started to take a longer route to avoid the mess. (Back roads and 2 lane highways). Just the places  Maxi excels at. I'll post milage and anything else I discover.

Awwww JohnNOhio....(that State to the south :>) :drool: J/K!!! Welcome to the *Anticipation Club*!! Only those who have ordered their C-Maxes, and have had to wait thru those agonizing weeks, can appreciate your joy right now.  :yahoo:(BTW, RachelInLA is President of this club....she's waited longer than any of us, I think. :salute: But your wait will be rewarded on Wednesday when you drive your new C-Max home!! Enjoy the ride!!   ! :shift:

Today my car gets built.  :)

Not sure if/how the local weather affects the folks at the plant, but here's the day's outlook for the Detroit area:

Overcast with a chance of rain. High of 41F. Breezy. Winds from the WSW at 15 to 20 mph. Chance of rain 20%.

Mine was (supposedly) to be built on the 12th also!  Twins?  Let's hope Tuesday is a "good" day despite the weather!  Delivery estimated the week of March 25th.....

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="dalebunker" data-cid="12266" data-time="1363279729"><p>

Mine was (supposedly) to be built on the 12th also! Twins? Let's hope Tuesday is a "good" day despite the weather! Delivery estimated the week of March 25th.....</p></blockquote>

Mine was built on the 12th also. Looks like we have a triplet. ETA also on the 25th.

Awwww JohnNOhio....(that State to the south :>) :drool: J/K!!! Welcome to the *Anticipation Club*!! Only those who have ordered their C-Maxes, and have had to wait thru those agonizing weeks, can appreciate your joy right now.  :yahoo:(BTW, RachelInLA is President of this club....she's waited longer than any of us, I think. :salute: But your wait will be rewarded on Wednesday when you drive your new C-Max home!! Enjoy the ride!!   ! :shift:

Hey Adair, don't hate those of us who didn't have to wait as long.  I had to wait a WHOLE WEEK for the one I wanted to be "traded" to my dealer from another.  That week was hell (and anticipatory heaven). :yahoo:

Johnn, how did your sister like your new car when you turned up to pick her up for the car show?