Order to Delivery Time Thread

ScooterS

I finally pickup my C-Max yesterday.  :happy feet:

Model: C-Max Hybrid SE
Date Ordered: Saturday, 2/19/2013
Promised Delivery time: 6 to 8 Weeks
Actual Delivery Date: 3/25/2013

All in all took about 5 weeks, picked up Mar 26th with just 15 miles on the car.

As I was done with all the paper works and ready to drive home, an gentlemen approached me and started some chatting. Turns out he also bought one  about a month ago and was there for some service. He rave about how he loves the car and everything. Nice to see another owner so eager to share the love.

Loving the car so far. Got 40.3mpg on my first real drive to work today. Not bad at all.  :rockon:  Of course, being a new car and all, I drove slow and cautiously. ;)

Edited by TurtleMax

March 4th - Ordered our C-Max SE, white platinum, winter package and panoramic roof.  Expected delivery of 6 to 8 weeks.

March 5th - started the long wait!

March 26 - dealer received notice that it is to be built "mid April".  If so, expect deliver around the end of April or 1st week of May.

Edited by SnowStorm

I ordered a Energi February 4th.  Just received word from my dealer that they received their allocated vehicle that they ordered for the dealership and sold it to a private party in another state right away.  Mine is next and should have a vin in a coupe of weeks.  When you order, ask about their dealer allocation.  Could make a big difference in the time it takes for you to get your order. 

Edited by Mr. Green Jeans

March 4th - Ordered our C-Max SE, white platinum, winter package and panoramic roof.  Expected delivery of 6 to 8 weeks.

March 5th - started the long wait!

March 26 - dealer received notice that it is to be built "mid April".  If so, expect deliver around the end of April or 1st week of May.

March 28 - Got VIN!  Come on window sticker.  Still don't have the order number though (I thought it came before the VIN).

Went to dealership today to check on status, looks like my delivery date got pushed back a couple weeks :(

Its in Indiana right now and estimated delivery is the 17th. They said it shouldnt take 3 weeks to get here from there and are going to check in on it again today.

Indeed!

Cyberdman on the blueoval forums said my ETA was the 14th, but the dealership says 17th. Hrm.... Its only 3 days but that is some hope.

I will inquire with him again in a week. Weekly updates from him are better than the highly sporadic updates from my dealership.  :banghead:

What found is the blue oval guy see when the car will be delivered to the local distribution site. Then it takes two or three days to get moved to the dealer. This was my case, according to the rail delivery it was delivered but it took them three days to get it off the train, 'documented' and put onto a local delivery truck.

Those of you who are looking for a C-Max may want to make sure you check local inventory and check for possible dealer trades before ordering.  When I ordered my car last fall, there were none available.  Now, it looks like the same dealer has more than a dozen in inventory, allbeit SEs.

Edited by ScooterS

Initial Order Date: 03/28/2013

Ordered From Ford by Dealer: @04/02/2013

VIN: 04/15/2013

ETA, per dealer: @05/15/2013.

As to the date ordered from Ford, from what I gather, the dealer puts all factory orders together for a regular meeting with its Ford Rep, weekly or equivalent.  So, I am guessing that I ordered on a Thursday, and the order was actually sent to Ford on Tuesday.  I could be completely wrong about all of this, but I am adding all that I know or was told.

Edited by ScubaDadMiami

Does anybody know what current build leadtimes are running? I can't get the options I want on any local inventory, but I'm afraid my current vehicle can't hang on until I get a C-MAX built. Any suggestions for obtaining one out of existing inventory? (e.g., do larger dealers get bigger/better allocations?) Any help appreciated! Thanks.