Order to Delivery Time Thread

ScooterS

• 3 weeks later...

After 13 weeks of waiting and no VIN, I made a deal with the same dealer on one they had ordered.  Picking it up in the morning!   $200 higher because the white is higher than the blue I had ordered, but was able to use the $750 customer cash.  Tinting all the way around on Tuesday. They had two vehicles, one was made on April 1st.  Monday and April fools day.  I passed on that one and took the one built on April 18th, a Thursday.   I did notice that the price of a new order like the one I ordered is now $1,000 higher than on February 4th. 

My Salesman at the Ford Dealership Store that I have purchased my last 3 Special Order Vehicles always orders (2) Identical Cars at the same time.  One is for my X-Plan Retail (Sold) Unit and another for Dealership Inventory using their Allotment.  Amazing, even with a "Priority 10" given my Special Order Sold Unit,  its Identical Twin arrived several weeks earlier.  Good idea to to request "Double Ordering" of identical Units if they are willing to do so.

Model: C Max Hybrid SEL

Ordered: 4/30/2013

Promised: 6-8 weeks

VIN: TBD

Build Date: TBD

Actual Delivery: TBD

State: TX

I can't say about Texas, but I ordered March 29, and I am told that the ETA for delivery is May 13 plus or minus.  I am in Florida.  Let's hope that it is closer to the six weeks than the eight for both of us!

Edited by ScubaDadMiami

• 2 weeks later...

VIN: Received VIN 5/16.  Window sticker not yet available. Rats

Update:  Talked with my dealer this morning.  Still can't get to my window sticker, but my CMax is scheduled for a build date of 6/17. Estimated delivery 15-21 days after that. 

Model: C-Max Hybrid SEL

Ordered at dealer: March 30, 2013

Dealer placed order with factory: April 9, 2013

Promised Delivery time: 4 to 6 Weeks (Shortened delivery time because dealer said they already had an SEL on allocation and they would change that car to match my order)

Car manufactured: May 2, 2013

Actual Delivery Date: May 21, 2013

State: IL

Edited by HPRifleman

Ordered from the dealer Thursday 3/28

Estimated order to delivery time of 6 - 8 weeks.

Received VIN and looked up window sticker 5/6

(I believe the sticker was available on 5/2 according to the date at bottom of the sticker)

Build date was listed as 5/10 - 6 weeks & 1 day from order date

Received a call this Thursday morning 5/23 that the car was delivered to the dealer - 8 weeks to the day from order date.

Will pick up tomorrow morning :)

ordered from dealer

Ordered from dealer May 9, 2013

Estimated order to delivery time 8 weeks

Recieved Vin# May 29,2013

Build date: tba

Can anyone tell me how to look for the window sticker on line?

Am getting excited to find out the birthday of the car.

Thanks

ordered from dealer

Ordered from dealer May 9, 2013

Estimated order to delivery time 8 weeks

Recieved Vin# May 29,2013

Build date: tba

Can anyone tell me how to look for the window sticker on line?

Am getting excited to find out the birthday of the car.

Thanks

Ask and you shall receive SOMD     http://www.researchmaniacs.com/VIN-Number-Lookup/WindowSticker/Ford.html

This is assuming the window sticker has been generated.......In my case I got the window sticker on 11.22.12, the build date was 11.24, and I had the car on 11.28

Good luck! Happy stalking that site :mail:

car ordered Feb 26

delived to dealer May25

The car has arrived to dealer 6 days ago. We have been calling the dealer every day to see if we can pick up the car. Everytime we called, the dealer said they are preping the car. And we called again today the dealer said they need another 3 days to prep. Since our car was custom order with no options and lowest package, is there a reason why the dealer need 9 days to prep? What is the preping procedure concise of? It passed 12 weeks since we ordered, very disappointed at ford. =\

I can't imagine prepping a new vehicle would take more than a day--and that would be excessive.

Here's an old quote from the Scion message board:

"theres a couple things they do. first is called PDI, pre delivery inspection (i believe is what it stands for). after it comes off the truck, they take all the plastic and junk off it, wash it, half-assley clean it, and check over about 50 things on a list (which you are supposed to get... at least at the honda dealership i worked at). at that point, if the car is not sold already, it sits in a lot waiting to be sold. once it IS sold, they take about half hour to an hour, depending on how busy it is, giving it a full wash and detail. the whole process from start to finish takes a few hours, and can be done in a day. if you install any parts to it (that you dont come back later to put on), it may take a little longer, but not too much, and still shouldnt take more than a day total.

my guess is that it may be another car, and not yours. OR, they did something dirty, which i've seen a number of times, and your car DID come in, someone else saw it, and they sold it to them. if they did that, they'll give you some PR line about how they messed up your order and have to order another one, etc etc.

anyway, if it is yours, you should be able to drive it home the day it arives. MAYBE the next day if they are really busy."

I can't imagine prepping a new vehicle would take more than a day--and that would be excessive.

Here's an old quote from the Scion message board:

"theres a couple things they do. first is called PDI, pre delivery inspection (i believe is what it stands for). after it comes off the truck, they take all the plastic and junk off it, wash it, half-assley clean it, and check over about 50 things on a list (which you are supposed to get... at least at the honda dealership i worked at). at that point, if the car is not sold already, it sits in a lot waiting to be sold. once it IS sold, they take about half hour to an hour, depending on how busy it is, giving it a full wash and detail. the whole process from start to finish takes a few hours, and can be done in a day. if you install any parts to it (that you dont come back later to put on), it may take a little longer, but not too much, and still shouldnt take more than a day total.

my guess is that it may be another car, and not yours. OR, they did something dirty, which i've seen a number of times, and your car DID come in, someone else saw it, and they sold it to them. if they did that, they'll give you some PR line about how they messed up your order and have to order another one, etc etc.

anyway, if it is yours, you should be able to drive it home the day it arives. MAYBE the next day if they are really busy."

So i guess they did something dirty to it. =\ so i am gonna do a throughout exam to it if i find anything wrong i can refuse to sign off?

Edited by lazybo

So i guess they did something dirty to it. =\ so i am gonna do a throughout exam to it if i find anything wrong i can refuse to sign off?

Until they get your money it's their car, but I think the 'dirty' referred to above was that the dealer had an opportunity to sell the vehicle to another customer.  I wonder why the dealer would take six days (and counting) to deliver...that's just ridiculous.

Most people are reporting about eight weeks or so, lately.  This sounds like it is way after the norm.

My car got to my dealer right around the same time as yours.  In one day, they not only prepped the vehicle, but had tinting installed and gave 24 hours for it to lock into place.

Maybe it's their first C-MAX, and they are taking some extra time for this first one?

I hope you get yours right away!  I'm sure that this makes it even harder to wait!  :drool:

Update from dealer this morning.  Scheduled for delivery the week of July 1. 

I feel a happy dance coming on!

:happy feet:

I wonder why the people at work are looking at me like I've lost my mind?

VIN: Received VIN 5/16.  Window sticker not yet available. Rats

• 2 weeks later...

Model: C-Max Hybrid SEL 303A black/black with sunroof
Date Ordered: May 9 2013
Promised Delivery time: 8 Weeks-Wasn't actually promised was told up to 10 weeks.
Actual Delivery Date: TBD

Yes, we are crazy. We are getting a black car with black interior with the sunroof, and we live in El Paso. We don't plan on being here forever though, probably move back to Colorado in the next few years.

Got an email today showing the order screen from the dealer. It is scheduled to be built 7-15-13(which would be awesome as it's my sons' 10th b-day). I am assuming it just means scheduled for that week, and most likely will not be built on that day. I imagine it will take at least two weeks after that to actually get here. :waiting:

Yeah, I've read the manual cover to cover at least twice now. Will have to do it again once we get the car, and can get touchy feely with it for ourselves. I've watched a ton of videos on youtube, reviews, experiences and such. I have watched the ford tutorial videos. I have read lots of stuff here.

I am just waiting, one day at a time.