Order to Delivery Time Thread

ScooterS

I read my scenario to my husband and he was horrified "you didn't post that did you? You just defamed CN railway". I told him it was a joke <g>. Well British Columbia is the pot capital of North America and our Prime Minister just said ain't no way Canada is going to legalize marijuana on my watch.

RMS13 that sounds possible, but who knows for sure. My experience is that they have been glitches so let us hope your car has steady progress with no hiccups. I wonder how long it takes for the dealership to clean them up and go over them once they get there? Good luck and I hope to see a photo of your new car very soon.

RMS13 that sounds possible, but who knows for sure. My experience is that they have been glitches so let us hope your car has steady progress with no hiccups. I wonder how long it takes for the dealership to clean them up and go over them once they get there? Good luck and I hope to see a photo of your new car very soon.

My dealer told me it takes about 4 hours to go through the service department and then through detailing.

Update. Just got Window Sticker

Model: C-Max Hybrid SEL

Date Ordered: 10/31/12

Promised Delivery time: 6 to 8 Weeks

VIN Available: 11/11/2012

Window Sticker Available: 11/27/2012

Scheduled Build Date: 12/3/2012

Actual Build Date:

Released from Factory for Shipping:

Estimated Delivery Date: 12/17/12

Actual Delivery Date: TBD

State: Ohio

jmkinley sounds like you will have it before Christamas. That is good news! I just got an email about my car. The regional manager looked into her whereabouts and said all is well and she should be here Dec3rd. She had to be put on another rail car as her original one broke down. So we shall see.

Have to stay positive! I read on the blue oval forums that someone ordered a Fusion (if I remember correctly) and it got taken. Turns out the NHTSA took it while it was in transit so it could be crash tested. He had to start the whole order and delivery process all the way over again.

Edited by zhackwyatt

Have to stay positive! I read on the blue oval forums that someone ordered a Fusion (if I remember correctly) and it got taken. Turns out the NHTSA took it while it was in transit so it could be crash tested. He had to start the whole order and delivery process all the way over again.

That is kind of funny actually LOL. Imagine having your car confiscated for a crash test! I was imaging my car had already been crash tested by the rail crew, but seemingly she is okay.

Model: C-Max Hybrid SEL

Date Ordered: Saturday, 10/20/12

Promised Delivery time: 6 to 8 Weeks

VIN Available: 11/5/12

Window Sticker Available: 11/13/12

Scheduled Build Date: 11/19/12

Actual Build Date: 11/19/12

Released from Factory for Shipping: 11/21/12

Estimated Delvery Date: 12/7/12 (Revised from 12/03/12)

Actual Delivery Date: TBD

State: TX

I think the shipping on rail cars really slows things down. The trains seem to move slowly and steadily through the rural areas, but slows down in the cities. I read somewhere that someone's car took 30 hours each time it passed a big city. We will all be bopping around by Christmas in our new C-Max's.

Just now got a phone call that my car is at the dealership! They wanted us to pick it up tomorrow evening as that is when my salesman is working, but unfortunately I had to put them off until the next day. Two reasons --I have a boat tour tomorrow to see the bald eagles that appear by the hundreds to eat the salmon on the Harrison River, and hubby thinks evening is not great for going over the car as we might miss any boo boos when we inspect the car if the light isn't good. I will be totally preoccupied tomorrow thinking about Tip. But hurray she is here!! I'll be able to post some photos soon.

Ordered Oct.5, but changed order on Oct.8th to add panorama roof

Built November 8

Delivered to dealer Nov.28th (and that includes a rail car breakdown of 48 hours)

Edited by Laurel

I'm so excited that I can't concentrate on making dinner. I just set up the appt for Friday at 11 AM. The gal in the financing dept said she hadn't seen Tip yet as she just came in on the truck. I asked because I wondered what she thought of the Ice Storm colour. The manager walked through the door while I was on the phone with her, and said "I just saw it and it is beautiful! Tell her the fork lift didn't do to much damage".LOL That was in reference to my last email when Tip was on the broken down rail car with the "bad ordered" message and I said I was worried that a fork lift had wrecked her. Very reassuring to hear he thought that Ice Storm was beautiful as I have never seen that colour except on the internet. This is so exciting!

Never fear Scooter. I won't disappear. You will get sick of hearing about Tip LOL. And I'm waiting for your car and Rachel's and the rest of the forum gang to get theirs too. We will all have 47 mpg consistently and never have a dead battery, or have any trouble getting into reverse, or lose power steering, or have the nav freeze --fingers crossed for all of us. And for Rachel, Ice Storm will be the most beautiful C-Max colour ever made.LOL

Edited by Laurel