Order to Delivery Time Thread

ScooterS

My dealer has no clue about tracking. None. I just pray they ordered correctly. I may have to make a surprise trip and see what they can give me as far as information. I would really be upset to wait weeks only to find they didn't do it correctly.

That's what happened to me, I ordered the last week of July and took delivery the last week of November because for the longest time it wasn't ordered.  After they found their mistake, they got it in as priority 1

Update, Car is at the dealer!!

Build date was supposed to be 12/3 but showed up at the dealer this morning.  We're about 230 miles from the plant so I doubt it was really built two days ago.

Scheduled session tomorrow with Resident Geek Guy for a tutorial on the Synch and MFT.  Makes my head hurt just thinking about it and the 456 page owner's manual.

Here's the revised time line:

Model: C-Max Hybrid SEL
Date Ordered: 10/31/12
Promised Delivery time: 6 to 8 Weeks
VIN Available: 11/11/2012
Window Sticker Available: 11/27/2012
Scheduled Build Date: 12/3/2012
Actual Build Date: Unknown
Released from Factory for Shipping: Unknown
Estimated Delivery Date: 12/17/12
Actual Delivery Date: 12/5!! (Order to delivery 5 weeks)
State: Ohio (southern)

Build date was supposed to be 12/3 but showed up at the dealer this morning.  We're about 230 miles from the plant so I doubt it was really built two days ago.

Scheduled session tomorrow with Resident Geek Guy for a tutorial on the Synch and MFT.  Makes my head hurt just thinking about it and the 456 page owner's manual.

That was excellent time.  Enjoy!

The build date is usually on the window sticker at the top. There's a leading digit, usually a 1 if it was a regular build. It should look something like 120121121. Take off the 1, and you have the build date. 20121121, or November 21, 2012.

So excited for you.  Would love to just have a VIN # at this point.  Sounds like we are in the same area of the state.  My dealer says mine is priority 1, but has been that for 3 weeks. 

Edited by LizM

Took delivery of our RR SEL tonight after work. Did some final cleaning on it and starting learning the nav stuff. The daughter went straight to the audio section. Waiting until tomorrow morning to drive it when little traffic is around. The quietness will taken some getting use to. My wife will be the primary driver and she is very excited about the C-Max First time I have ever seen her excited about a car.

Picked up my SEL yesterday, only 5 weeks after order was placed.  As we were leaving the house to go pick it up, salesperson called to say the Synch needed the update and did we want to wait a day so they could do it.  Decided to go on and pick it up and do the update later. Should have waited.  The phone stuff just plain doesn't work. 

Otherwise everything else is great. Will get update next week, probably.  

Picked up my SEL yesterday, only 5 weeks after order was placed.  As we were leaving the house to go pick it up, salesperson called to say the Synch needed the update and did we want to wait a day so they could do it.  Decided to go on and pick it up and do the update later. Should have waited.  The phone stuff just plain doesn't work. 

Otherwise everything else is great. Will get update next week, probably.  

Strange.... I'm betting that they didn't order the car for you. I suspect that it was one of the initial ones that they built last summer.  They either got it late or dealer traded. Just for grins, What is the manufacture date? Is should be on the door jam of the car or on the original window sticker.

Model: C-Max Hybrid SEL
Date Ordered: Saturday, 10/20/12
Promised Delivery time: 6 to 8 Weeks
VIN Available: 11/5/12
Window Sticker Available: 11/13/12
Scheduled Build Date: 11/19/12
Actual Build Date: 11/19/12
Released from Factory for Shipping: 11/21/12
Estimated Delvery Date: 12/7/12 (Revised from 12/03/12)

Rail Location:

• 11/29 1800 Detroit Area (Moving)
  • 12/3 Car has entered Texas. Heading Southwest for drop point in San Antonio
  • 12/4 Car is "Constructively Placed" at the rail drop point in San Antonio. Awaiting Unloading.
  • 12/7 Car Arrived at Dealer. Delivered!!

Actual Delivery Date: 12/7/12

Actual Time from Order to Delviery (Texas):  6 Weeks and 6 Days.

State: TX

Sorry to "take delivery and run."   My C-Max arrived last Friday.  I had a whole 2-hours of drive time with it and then left town for a week (aarrgghh!).  Mrs. ScooterS has been driving it for the past week and says that she really likes it.... Believe me, that is a compliment! She is very picky about her cars.   Anyhow, I have a picture, but for the life of me, I can't figure out how to create a gallery to upload it.

I will follow with more information after I get to drive my car!

Model: C-Max Hybrid SEL (Ruby Red)

Date Ordered: Saturday, 10/13/2012

Promised Delivery time: wouldn't commit

VIN Available: ? Finally called and got it last week

Actual Build Date: 11/15/12

Estimated Delvery Date: This week or next week

The salesman has not been terribly forthcoming with details. When I placed my order he said he would call when he got my VIN but didn't. I'm a little frustrated with the lack of detail, but I guess not enough to bug him too much. I am hoping for delivery this week since it was built 4 weeks ago!

Edited by OregonCmax

Model: C-Max Hybrid SEL (Ruby Red)

Date Ordered: Saturday, 10/13/2012

Promised Delivery time: wouldn't commit

VIN Available: ? Finally called and got it last week

Actual Build Date: 11/15/12

Estimated Delvery Date: This week or next week

The salesman has not been terribly forthcoming with details. When I placed my order he said he would call when he got my VIN but didn't. I'm a little frustrated with the lack of detail, but I guess not enough to bug him too much. I am hoping for delivery this week since it was built 4 weeks ago!

Maybe check your window sticker on line  to see if that is the actual build date.  We didn't get much info. from our salesperson voluntarily--I had to bug him a bit.  Finally I got him to print and send to me the visibility report and when I got that I could find out what rail car our C-Max was on, and then I tracked her on CSX system.  So basically I knew pretty closely where the car was.  Ours was built Nov.8th and was at the dealers on Nov.28th.

Edited by Laurel

Model: C-Max SEL, Sterling Gray, 302A pkg + pano roof thingy

Date Ordered: Saturday, 11/24/12

Promised Delivery time: 8 to 10 Weeks

VIN Available: not yet

Window Sticker Available: nada

Scheduled Build Week: nil

Scheduled Build Date: null

Actual Build Date: nuthin

Released from Factory for Shipping: zero

Estimated Delivery Date: zilch

Actual Delivery Date: goose egg

State: CO

Update:  Apparently Thursday is allocation day. Got a VIN and build-it week assigned.

Model: C-Max SEL, Sterling Gray, 302A pkg + pano roof thingy

Date Ordered: Saturday, 11/24/12

Promised Delivery time: 8 to 10 Weeks

VIN Available: 12/13/12

Window Sticker Available: nada

Scheduled Build Week: 1/21/13

Scheduled Build Date: null

Actual Build Date: nuthin

Released from Factory for Shipping: zero

Estimated Delivery Date: zilch

Actual Delivery Date: goose egg

State: CO