Order to Delivery Time Thread

ScooterS

Well, I have an order number. Blah. I know it's updated every Thursday but I hate to ask for a vin after she was so nice to help - Natasha on the ford Facebook page. She said to check back next week. That will be my last chance to get my car befor 2013. The plant shuts down the week of cmas and new years. If it not built before next week it's two weeks delayed. :(

I really wanted to take it looking at cmas lights.

Still waiting. :) I am hoping today, but it is snowing and in Portland that means the end of the world so there's that....

(Maybe the Mayan's were right? Now where did I hide that Ouzo...)

Keep us up to date on the big arrival. Interested in hearing your first Energi review from a technical viewpoint.

Our SEL is supposed to arrive around Monday.  I pinged the dealer 4 days ago and he pulled a report that said it was still on the ramp awaiting a rail car.  But I think that report was a few days old.  I don't want to ping him too often and piss him off - thought I'd wait till a week was up.  Being too nice?

Go ahead and bug them.  It only takes them entering something in the computer.  Ask for the rail car number once it is on the train, and then you can track it yourself without bugging anyone.  I did that and it was fun to do. I pestered my guy until he gave me the rail car number.

Our SEL is supposed to arrive around Monday. I pinged the dealer 4 days ago and he pulled a report that said it was still on the ramp awaiting a rail car. But I think that report was a few days old. I don't want to ping him too often and piss him off - thought I'd wait till a week was up. Being too nice?

Not too nice, you definitely don't want to appear too anxious especially on a trade in. They always need to believe you will walk if they don't deliver what you agreed to.

Our trade-in is a '96 with 164000 mi on it - I think we're getting 1 mark above salvage value no matter what.

And we're walking in with a cheap bank loan in our back pocket.  But I probably won't say that right up front :-)

Oh, and it's X-Plan, so they don't have a lot of other wiggle-room.

This probably won't be one of their better days.

Our trade-in is a '96 with 164000 mi on it - I think we're getting 1 mark above salvage value no matter what.

And we're walking in with a cheap bank loan in our back pocket. But I probably won't say that right up front :-)

Oh, and it's X-Plan, so they don't have a lot of other wiggle-room.

This probably won't be one of their better days.

Sounds like a good plan, I got X-Plan on my deal through the wifes work.

The ticket for my car has not been pulled yet. Guess I will be getting it in January. Bummer.

You may want to plan on February if you're sure the order hasn't been pulled yet. I say this because my order got pulled last week on December 13th. It's now in the Ford system with a primary status of "In Order Processing". The secondary status is "Scheduled to Week (Week of Jan-21-2013"). A VIN has been assigned and the production sequence number (last 5 digits) is 2257x. I'd be surprised if it was here in Denver before February 15.

I've read several places that orders are usually pulled on Thursdays, and sure enough mine appeared in my dealer's system last Thursday. Might want to check with them on Friday AM?