We are now a two Ford family.

Recumpence

Hello All,

Well, this morning I signed on another new Ford. So, at this point I have my 2013 C-Max and we are now the proud owners of a blue 2014 Fusion Titanium AWD turbo.

My impression of the Fusion?

Holy CRAP! This car is phenominal! The AWD is even useful on the dry pavement for hard driving. This thing is a sports-car. It is quick, and it corners FAR better than I ever thought it could. And, with the all-wheel-drive, it does not under steer. If it starts to push, you just give it more throttle and the rear wheels bite and the car pivots around the corner. ---Very nice---

As for fuel economy, I drove it around for 40 miles of agressive driving and in town cruising and averaged 24.5mpg. That is way beyond the 22mpg in town EPA and that was with my agressive driving. Driving this thing cautiously should net an easy 26mpg in town and 33 on the highway. I bet I could see over 30mpg in town if I try. But, that is not the purpose of this car. It was meant to be fun and have enough room for the family. 

Mission accomplished.

I will post pictures soon.

Matt

Matt, AWD! in my opinion from experiences I had with my 1992 GMC Typhoon and 1991 Syclone pickup both also AWD and Turbocharged.  AWD is the only way to go.  Awesome performance, even in the rain.  We always used to say about my Syclone 0 to 60 in 4.5 seconds even in the rain.  Plus here in Cali AWD vehicles are except from bi-annual smog checks since there is only one AWD dyno and it is in LA, or so I heard?  I didn't realize the Fusion could be had in AWD.  I sure wish it was available for the CMax in the future cause that would be an instant buy for me as my second car.  Enjoy your new ride...

keep working at it.  I was stuck in the 30's but now I'm seeing most every day 47 - 48, it just takes allot of TLC and patience.  Also my MPG seems to grow with each passing week.  I have 24k+ on Maxus now.

I have always gotten very high MPG with my Max. My lifetime MPG is 49 right now. It will be well over 50mpg once the weather warms up. The 33mpg I was mentioning is for the Fusion.  :)

My wife took the car up toi Minnessota yesterday (gone for 5 days) with the kids and a full complement of luggage. She drove into the wind, while increasing altitude, at over 70mph (through a snow storm) and arrived at 26mpg on the Fusion. That means she will be well over 30mpg on the ride home because of prevailing winds and drop in altitude. Great car!

Oh, as I mentioned, she went through a snowstorm too. She said it was not as good in snow as her old Highlander. But that is because of tread style. She said it was plenty respectable in the snow.

Also, before she left, I took the car out to see what it was capable of. Now, bear in mind, it is only 240hp. So, this is not really a sports car. However, with the AWD, if you time the turbo lag and computer calculations the car is making correctly when you run through a corner, it is a PHENOMINAL car to drive! There is a roughly 1/2 second (maybe less than that) delay when you get hard on the power before it really hits hard. But, if you time that properly, and get the power to hit right at the apex of the corner, the front/rear torque splitter begins working along with the left/right torque vectoring and the car just slingshots around corners........

Man, I love this car........     :)

Matt

Hello All,

Well, this morning I signed on another new Ford. So, at this point I have my 2013 C-Max and we are now the proud owners of a blue 2014 Fusion Titanium AWD turbo.

My impression of the Fusion?

Holy CRAP! This car is phenominal! The AWD is even useful on the dry pavement for hard driving. This thing is a sports-car. ...

Matt,

I'm excited to hear about your new Fusion! One of my coworkers recently bought the same model you have, and it is a LOT of fun to ride around in. That turbo has an unexpected amount of power! I'm sure you're going to have a blast driving it around. Plus, you'll always be able to hop in the C-Max when you feel like saving some gas. It is the best of both worlds!  :happy feet:

Let me know if you have any questions! I can lend a hand with the Fusion, as well. 

Ashley

Ashley,

Quick question for you to look into........

Would my C-Max wheels fit my Fusion (and vice-versa)?

The reason I ask is, my tires are beginning to wear out on my Max (50,000 miles on it). By the end of summer, I will need to replace them. I was hoping to get new wheels and tires for it and keep these wheels for snow tires to install on the Fusion in the winter.

Do the wheels have the correct offset and screw patern?

If you could look into that for me, I would greatly appreciate it.

Matt

Ashley,

Quick question for you to look into........

Would my C-Max wheels fit my Fusion (and vice-versa)?

The reason I ask is, my tires are beginning to wear out on my Max (50,000 miles on it). By the end of summer, I will need to replace them. I was hoping to get new wheels and tires for it and keep these wheels for snow tires to install on the Fusion in the winter.

Do the wheels have the correct offset and screw patern?

If you could look into that for me, I would greatly appreciate it.

Matt

Hi Matt,

I reached out to my technical expert to get an answer for this and was told it is considered proprietary information. Sorry I'm unable to answer this for you! :(

Ashley