Does the HV battery have a cooling fan?

Wnuk

There has been a few occasions since I got my 2013 SE two weeks ago that after shutting the vehicle completely off, there is a sound coming from the rear tire well areas that sound like the humming of a fan. The key is out of the ignition, the dash is powered down, and all exterior lights are off. I noticed it again tonight when washing it and the hum lasted nearly five minutes before it stopped.

Given the battery issues with early 2013's I'm wondering if somehow a fan is cooling the HV battery and possibly draining the 12V battery in the process? My vehicle was delivered to the dealer in April of 2013. It sat on his lot till I bought it at the end of June 2014. How do I tell when it was actually made? Does this happen to others?

Thanks

Yes, the fan exhausts are located just above the wheel wells.  I have not noticed it running after turning on my 14 SEL but have not been listening for it.

The intakes are located inside the hatch, just above the wheels.

Be SURE to NOT block them when hauling.

The fan will run often after shut down.

The fan may be thermostatically controlled.  However the state of charge monitor should shut off power completely when a certain level is reached.   This way you can't drain the starting battery by running the CD player without the engine being on or leaving the interior lights on.  Of course in the old days, a little dome light would drain your battery completely.