Android use with sound system

scottwood2

Hi everyone

Do we have any Android uses out there that would care to share their experiences with the using the sound system.  I like to stream podcasts and it would be great if I could do that with the C-max.  I would also like to be able to control my phone as well.  With my current system I am able to via bluetooth (without using the phone):

Start podcast (Play)

Skip to next podcast

reverse (6 seconds back)

Pause

Answer the phone hands free

Hang up the phone.

I am looking at both the standard system as well as the larger Sony system.  Not sure what to get yet.  I know streaming does work at least somewhat for Apple devices but I am not sure about Android.  Seems like OEM's design around Apple more so far but I think that will change soon.  Any way, just looking for other Android users experiences.  

Thx  

I've only had the upgrade system so I can't help ya' there but IIRC for the big sync update last summer there was only one download for everyone.  That would lead me to believe that sync (and its features) are identical on both sound systems but wait for a confirmation on that.  Also, the phone pairing process takes less than :30 secs so you should be able to test your phone on any test drive.  Just remember to delete it when you're done.

I also have a Galaxy Note II, and I do a lot of streaming. I have the upgraded sound system. I also agree about it being worth how much it costs versus expense and aggravation of trying to upgrade after purchase.

I used to do more podcasts than lately. I recall that I could use voice commands to start and stop, and then use the paddle to move forward or backward. I do not recall seeing podcast information displayed on the screen.

For music, I typically stream Spotify. My only issue has been that album art and album/song information did not show on the screen. However, I just recently noticed that album, song and artist information now displays. I still do not see album art.