2015 C-Max changes coming?

scottwood2

Saw these photos with new front and rear that they think will be coming on the 2015 model.   Do we think this is true?  When do they release the 2015 model?  Build is slated for starting mid September I heard.

Is this for North America? 

2015 Ford C-Max spied with a trapezoidal grille - photos

http://www.worldcarfans.com/114081279544/2015-ford-c-max-spied-with-a-trapezoidal-grille/lowphotos

With the looks, yeah, the camo is designed to do that...so see it with "filtered" eyes.

The CMax is unique, a blend between a box, aerodynamics and hatchback - it really took me a long time to get use to the body shape & style. Even now, I go "huh" but I appreciate the thought and design much better than I did at the start. I think the performance and handling WOW me more than the grill or body shape.

So I'll wait and see - at this rate, I think a 2017 is more the model for me and I doubt the 2015 will beat what I am getting in the city anyway. Freeway is another story. Thanks for the links OP!

Look at the license plate. Notice there's no driver on the left side in the cabin. That's a Right Hand Drive European (British) model in the spy shots.

Also the website is a clue: WorldCarFans.com

The EU grille doesn't use the 'Inspired by (stolen from?) Aston Marton' shape common to most North American Ford cars.

Those are not the standard or optional North American wheels, either.

Here's the German Language Left-Hand-Drive C-MAX/Grand C-MAX home page - http://www.ford.de/Pkw-Modelle/FordC-MAX

There's also a Ford of Great Britain home page showing the current Right Hand Drive models, but I don't have the link handy.

Found it: http://www.ford.co.uk/Cars/C-MAX

Edited by kostby

They should spend their time repackaging the Hybrid and Energi batteries under the floor (and creating room for a spare).  Forget silly cosmetic changes.

I agree, better packaging and mounting for the rechargeable battery system is very much needed for Energi models over any other changes in coming models

Look at the license plate. Notice there's no driver on the left side in the cabin. That's a Right Hand Drive European (British) model in the spy shots.

Also the website is a clue: WorldCarFans.com

The EU grille doesn't use the 'Inspired by (stolen from?) Aston Marton' shape common to most North American Ford cars.

Those are not the standard or optional North American wheels, either.

Here's the German Language Left-Hand-Drive C-MAX/Grand C-MAX home page - http://www.ford.de/Pkw-Modelle/FordC-MAX

There's also a Ford of Great Britain home page showing the current Right Hand Drive models, but I don't have the link handy.

Found it: http://www.ford.co.uk/Cars/C-MAX

Woah....check out the Sherlock Holmes eye on this guy!!

I have heard it said that Ford hired an Aston Martin designer.  This turns out to be untrue: the Ford was designed by Dillon Blanski, an American who never worked for them. 

Edited by Adrian_L

They should spend their time repackaging the Hybrid and Energi batteries under the floor (and creating room for a spare).  Forget silly cosmetic changes.

I like my donut spare that I get to move around.  I do not want to give up space to load things in there.  I easily fit a new dishwasher in the car.  It would be nice for Ford to provide a donut spare the exact size I need.  By the way, I did use the spare once.  Found a screw in the tire and fixed with a $7 ebay repair kit.  Though if Ford were to put a spare in the back that could be moved around it would be fine with me but other people might judge it as a hack.  Right now it keeps the watermelons from rolling around.

Those changes may provide much better winter mileage and highway mileage, incorporating some gains from the grill covers people have so ingeniously engineered.

Re: batteries 2016/7.  Yes smaller HVB would be nice, and 'submerging' it lower would be nice, but in hindsight, I'm liking the existing floor layout just fine in the Hybrid.  I would rather have a new HVB (same size) with more KWs, more range, and more MPGs, than more room - assuming that is possible.  I like Obob's idea of an optional donut spare with attachment ('Travel (In)Convenience' or 'I like my tires, thank you very much' package ;).)

BTW, I think Ford CRACK, 'knocked it out of the park' with the C-Max conversion to Hybrid !!! 

(Toy is still putting out underpowered recycled refrigerators for crying out loud !  Those Pregious, or whatever they are called) 

(((all in good fun Prius owners, all in good fun)))

Edited by C-MaxSea