High temp alert

weebee

My wife went out to go home for lunch yesterday and the car refused to start. It has a High Temp alarm on the display. The car was off for 5 hours and it was in the low 70's. She went out to meet the tow truck to get it taken to the dealership. She decided to try again and it started right up. It's in the shop now being looked at. Kind of frustrating for a car with less then 2000 miles on it. 

The only time I saw this was climbing miles of steep grades with a grill cover. ICE was hot so it was legit.

Now, not sure how you can get this without even STARTING the ICE motor - sounds like a fault temp sensor. Ask the dealer especially about that sensor. Also, I've not seen this issue being reported here yet, you are the first.

Please keep us up to date. Curious, for sure...

Edited by Jus-A-CMax

The dealer could not find a reason. He said it was probably, "Just a one time glitch." Wonderful. I was going to use the Max on our vacation trip to Virginia Beach. Now, I don't know. I'm going to drive it to work the next couple of weeks and give it a work out. 80 miles a day. If it happens again I hope I get a better resolution.

Did you take a picture of the alert? I wouldn't worry about it unless it happens again. When the alert happens, run a VHR to document it. You can then print this out and bring it to the dealer. If you decide to have it towed when the alert happens, don't power off the car so that the alert stays on the screen for the dealer. Many of these alerts don't seem to log a history of the fault which makes it harder for the dealer if you have turned off the car.

The dealer could not find a reason. He said it was probably, "Just a one time glitch." Wonderful. I was going to use the Max on our vacation trip to Virginia Beach. Now, I don't know. I'm going to drive it to work the next couple of weeks and give it a work out. 80 miles a day. If it happens again I hope I get a better resolution.