Need Help with Low Fuel Warning Light

IGregor Wrzbcki

The manual for my new 2014 C-Max hybrid says a fuel warning light is supposed to illuminate when the fuel level drops below some unknown value.  A Ford mechanic told me a light is supposed to come on when the estimated miles to go drops below 50.  Well, so far, I've drained two tankfuls of gas below the 50 miles to go threshold and have yet to see a light illuminate or a warning appear on my dash panel.  Can anyone help me determine where the low fuel warning light might be hiding?  Thanks.

, I recall hearing that the screen will show locations of gas stations at the time the indicator turns red. 

???

You mean the Nav system?  Because I sure don't know how any other screen would show locations of anything.

(I may have to try letting the gas go that low -- so far we've always filled it up when it's about 1/4 full).

I would have to go out to the car to try this because I might not correctly remember. When we start the vehicle with the engineering test (ET) display, one of screens is an illumination test of the panel icons. This will demonstrate where all of the informational lights are located. Correct me if I am wrong, please.