Unlock in park

rjam

I disabled all the automatic lock and unlock features (pain in the ass and no small kids to risk falling out) but if I remember correctly when it was enabled it would only unlock the doors when the car was turned off. 

Check page 57 here too for details:

http://www.fordservicecontent.com/Ford_Content/Catalog/owner_information/2014-CMAX-Owner-Manual-version-1_OM_EN_11_2013.pdf

Speaking of a related subject, is there a setting to get the passenger doors to unlock when opening the rear compartment? I always forget that the doors are still locked after I approach and throw something in the rear compartment, and then the door handle doesn't unlock quite as quickly as my hand pulls to open the driver's door. No big deal, but I have to release the handle and then wait a second for the door to unlock. It's one of those little annoyances that I would like to see changed in the future.

I disabled all the automatic lock and unlock features (pain in the ass and no small kids to risk falling out) but if I remember correctly when it was enabled it would only unlock the doors when the car was turned off. 

Check page 57 here too for details:

http://www.fordservicecontent.com/Ford_Content/Catalog/owner_information/2014-CMAX-Owner-Manual-version-1_OM_EN_11_2013.pdf

Cool, I did not know you could disable this. 

Yeah, it's just not one of those options I've ever liked as it makes it harder to do things. I also disable the double-press of the key fob to unlock all doors. I like all door unlocked on one press of the button.

Here, I tracked down my old thread and one of my posts in regards to the SE programming versus the Ford videos for the SEL. Be mindful of post #7 if you own an SE in this thread:

http://fordcmaxhybridforum.com/topic/4218-auto-lock-unlock-programming-not-working/

Edited by RobMax

Yeah, I already did that set up. My last car had the thing with only opening the driver's door on the first button press. I had so many times of getting out of the car for something on the other side, only to have to go back to the driver's door to unlock the rest of the doors. So glad the C-MAX has the option to turn that off. I just wish that there was the equivalent for when I open the kick gate.