Where will C-Max Durability Index be in 10 Yrs?, in 150 k miles?

plus 3 golfer

Of course by the time there's enough data for the C-Max, I likely won't own my C-Max nor will I be looking to buy a used C-Max. :)

Here's a link to A car dealer's scientific guide to the most durable used cars.  "The Over-300,000 Club Is Still Pretty Exclusive: Five types of vehicles make up more than 60% of the cars and trucks with at least 300,000 miles. They are:

Here's the link to the  Long Term Quality Index.   "We've recently updated the way our 'Quality Index Score' is calculated to give a clearer picture of the long-term reliability of used vehicles. This score now runs from 0(chronic reliability issues) to 100(excellent reliability), with 'average' being in the range of 45 to 60."

Here's Ford's data and Toyota Data (see Prius) for comparison.

gallery_167_32_16713.gifgallery_167_32_3800.gif

Edited by Plus 3 Golfer

• 2 weeks later...

Ford has never had a good reputation for reliability. The second I mentioned a bought a Ford CMAX to my friends they were like "I had a Ford and it never ran." or "we have 50 Fords in our fleet at work, and only 2 of them are out of the garage at a time." ect. ect. Even the dealer acknowledged that Ford has a bad reputation by saying "The newer Fords dont suffer from the serious reliability issues that old Fords did." Even JD Powers gives Ford a reliability rating of 2/5.

Your charts seem to show the same, with Toyota leaving Ford in the dust on those reliability charts. So hopefully the dealer was right and newer Fords are more reliable than older ones.

Edited by SPL Tech

• 11 months later...