Data Logging with FORScan Lite on Recent 4 k+ Mile Trip

plus 3 golfer

I used my Smartphone and FORScan Lite for Androids continuously on my recent 4500 mile trip.  I recorded lots of data nearly 20 hours worth (likely will never look at most of it).   Here's some of it in graphical form plus some comments.  I will add more as I look at the data.  The data below was recorded on I-20 W  between Monroe and Shreveport, LA. 

FORScan worked fine except occasionally the streaming of data would stop.  Sometimes simply restarting the scanning of the module worked but other times I had to reconnect to the adapter (used WIFI and Bluetooth with similar results).  The frequency of occurrence seemed to be module dependent (I guess I could look at the error logs and find out),   Some modules I continually scanned for over an hour with no problems.  On others the streaming of data would stop after several minutes.

The following graph shows the HVB SOC vs the dash battery symbol % state of charge.  As we know the battery symbol represents the usable range of the HVB.  The graph shows that when the battery symbol shows a "fully charged" HVB, the HVB is only about 65+% charged.  Note that the highest observed SOC was about 71% 

gallery_167_32_27870.png

The next graph shows the distribution of the SOC during the one hour of data recording.

gallery_167_32_19436.png

The last graph shows the HVB SOC and HVB current flow.  Note the beginning part of the graph where the current flow is less than 10 A and the SOC is virtually flat at about 53%.  During this time ICE is running and the battery symbol carrat (arrow) would sometimes show charging, sometimes show charge depleting, and sometimes there would be no arrows.  This IMO is negative split mode operation.   Speed was about 74 mph .  FE was around 36+ mpg (97 F maybe a 10 mph frontal quartering wind).

med_gallery_167_32_7186.png

Edited by Plus 3 Golfer