cargo area cover

jtwill6

I'm buying a used 2013 cmax. I thought the cargo area "privacy" cover came standard but it wasn't there. The salesman thought it might be an add on. The sticker lists cargo management system and cargo protection but that doesn't say what that includes. I'm talking about the retractable cover that hides what you have in the back of the car.

I'm buying a used 2013 cmax. I thought the cargo area "privacy" cover came standard but it wasn't there. The salesman thought it might be an add on. The sticker lists cargo management system and cargo protection but that doesn't say what that includes. I'm talking about the retractable cover that hides what you have in the back of the car.

The car cover is standard. Likely the cover was destroyed or just left out of the car when it was sold/traded in. I don't find it in any of the information -- for example, here is the 2013 C-Max brochure, and you'll notice it makes no mention of a cargo cover at all (either as standard or an option). Basically, it must seems to be considered a part of the car. The "cargo protection" is an all-weather mat to protect the carpeting in the cargo area and the "Cargo Management Package" has the soft-touch cargo organizer and cargo net.

The car cover is standard. Likely the cover was destroyed or just left out of the car when it was sold/traded in. I don't find it in any of the information -- for example, here is the 2013 C-Max brochure, and you'll notice it makes no mention of a cargo cover at all (either as standard or an option). Basically, it must seems to be considered a part of the car. The "cargo protection" is an all-weather mat to protect the carpeting in the cargo area and the "Cargo Management Package" has the soft-touch cargo organizer and cargo net.

I agree, it is standard.

I'll sell you mine. :)  :)

The cover limits space for stuff either when in place or laying in the hatch area.  If one thinks it might help prevent a break-in (peace of mind), it might not be a $214.17 place holder (my C-Max cover along with my Rogue cover "reserve" a space on a shelf in the garage). ;)

• 5 years later...
Guest I have one
On 9/14/2015 at 8:04 PM, jtwill6 said:

On 9/14/2015 at 8:04 PM, jtwill6 said:

• 2 weeks later...