Radio and other issues

Wife's 2013 started another crazy thing today. Radio had no volume control with the knob, can't turn off the radio, can't hear people when using the phone, voice command lever on the steering wheel doesn't do anything, The radio took about about 10 seconds to turn off after the car was shut down and the door was opened. Seems to me to be some type of body module that controls multiple functions. IDEAS?

Update

Just went outside to pull the fuses as suggested. Can't even get in the car now. Both key fobs won't unlock the door, and the manual key contained in the fob turns to the left in the key cylinder, but doesn't unlock it either. Not sure if it should turn left, or right. It won't turn right at all. Never tried it before, so not sure which way it should turn. Not looking like a good day. Grrrrr......

Looks like the key should turn to the right to unlock. Grabbed some pliers and turned it. Very stiff. Everybody needs to try theirs before they get locked out.

Looks like the battery is stone dead. No horn, nothing.

Edited by METROMAN

Duh, I must have taken a double dose of my stupid pills this am. Didn't know the fob could be used as a tool. What will they think of next? LOL

I'm also thinking the battery is toast. Strange thing, I was just pricing out a new battery last night after reading the forum post about battery longevity.

Ford roadside assistance is on the way to tow it to the stealership now.

Jump started the car to get it on the tow truck and it ran for 3-4 min. Everything seems to have healed itself. Starts right up, radio works correctly, yada, yada. Of course the dealer called and said they can't find anything wrong. They want to keep it overnight and see if it dies again.

Decided to have the dealer replace the 12 v battery while it was there. It was 4 years old and probably gonna die Christmas day or something anyway. Lol They said that they couldn't find anything wrong, but suggested performing TSB 13-8-11. Intermittent inoperable front controls interface module buttons with Myford Touch less Sony branded FCIM. Applies to 2013 Cmax and Escape models. They did say I might be able to download it to a thumb drive and install it myself. $109.00 if they do it.

I lost my Hybrid screen a couple of days ago. It was odd, the first time I had a menu on the side of the hybrid screen like you would find in an Energi. The next time, when I selected the leaf button, the screen is "blank." It has a top and bottom border that shows the 4 quadrants but the entire center of the screen is just blank. I assume I just need to do a master reset or pull the fuses to fix it?

At this point, I'm thinking I'll talk to my dealer first and get them to update the software (or even just get a copy of the update that I can install myself). Just want to make sure there isn't something more wrong with the system, so thought I'd check here first.

I lost my Hybrid screen a couple of days ago. It was odd, the first time I had a menu on the side of the hybrid screen like you would find in an Energi. The next time, when I selected the leaf button, the screen is "blank." It has a top and bottom border that shows the 4 quadrants but the entire center of the screen is just blank. I assume I just need to do a master reset or pull the fuses to fix it?

At this point, I'm thinking I'll talk to my dealer first and get them to update the software (or even just get a copy of the update that I can install myself). Just want to make sure there isn't something more wrong with the system, so thought I'd check here first.

Just to give an update, I haven't made it to my dealer yet to update to the latest Sync version. Instead, I did a "Master Reset" from the settings of my Sync system (pulling out the Nav SD card first), and that fixed my hybrid screen. More interesting to me, the Sync system seems to be working better after the update. Not sure if there are some memory links in the system, or the system doesn't do a good job of clearing it's cache; either way, the system seems to be running quicker than it did prior to the reset. I suspect doing the master reset, though a pain since you lose your settings, will help the Sync system run better.