Liftgate trim panel

Looking for a document, video etc on how to remove the panel on a 2013 C-Max Hybrid.

My release handle bracket just broke the other day and I want to take the panel off and try to use some gorilla glue to fix it.

As I've read in other posts this is a very poor design flaw for FORD..

My right side tab broke about 2 years ago.  I first tried packing tape several times holding the handle to the liftgate body but would loosen up after several months. 

About one year ago, I decided to simply epoxy the handle to the liftgate body.  This is still solid after a year.  I simply mixed the epoxy and applied liberally under the handle with liftgate up and then taped handle down to body to hold while the epoxy set (liftgate still up).  Epoxy will slide down liftgate body while setting up.  So,  if doing again, I would put painters tape on the body under the handle to make cleanup easier after epoxy hardens.  Also, my last resort will be to take panels off and attempt fix, if the epoxy doesn't hold.  Here's my post on the procedure for removing panels to get to liftgate handle.

http://fordcmaxhybridforum.com/topic/6200-liftgate-finish-handle-trim-busted-off/?p=68388

Thanks..

I finally got around and took the panel off and the have used some JB Weld PlaticMold to glue the broken tabs.

I've attached a picture..

I"m trying to figure out if using the JB Weld Putty would help and where to put it..

Since it doesn't look like it will stick to the plastic I don't see how it will help in this instance..

Thanks

My right side tab broke about 2 years ago.  I first tried packing tape several times holding the handle to the liftgate body but would loosen up after several months. 

About one year ago, I decided to simply epoxy the handle to the liftgate body.  This is still solid after a year.  I simply mixed the epoxy and applied liberally under the handle with liftgate up and then taped handle down to body to hold while the epoxy set (liftgate still up).  Epoxy will slide down liftgate body while setting up.  So,  if doing again, I would put painters tape on the body under the handle to make cleanup easier after epoxy hardens.  Also, my last resort will be to take panels off and attempt fix, if the epoxy doesn't hold.  Here's my post on the procedure for removing panels to get to liftgate handle.

http://fordcmaxhybridforum.com/topic/6200-liftgate-finish-handle-trim-busted-off/?p=68388

post-5745-0-70241400-1559779685_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...