New with a used one :)

philie

Hey you all!

just wanted to quickly say hi as I am now an official cmax owner myself!

lots of questions as I literally have the car since one hour so I thought id join the ranks of the knowledgeable people on the internet with questions I might have!
We just bought a used 2013 grey ( the dammed model year, I know ) Cmax SEL Hybrid with 70k miles on it.

Had the Prius before and we are in schock, how much more substantial the cmax feels compared to it!

There are still a few quirks I need to figure out though so I thought I say hi before I start with the questions!

All the best from the North West!

Philie

• 1 month later...
On 1/18/2020 at 8:05 PM, philie said:

Hey you all!

just wanted to quickly say hi as I am now an official cmax owner myself!

lots of questions as I literally have the car since one hour so I thought id join the ranks of the knowledgeable people on the internet with questions I might have!
We just bought a used 2013 grey ( the dammed model year, I know ) Cmax SEL Hybrid with 70k miles on it.

Had the Prius before and we are in schock, how much more substantial the cmax feels compared to it!

There are still a few quirks I need to figure out though so I thought I say hi before I start with the questions!

All the best from the North West!

Philie

Congrats! and I can't believe how one would buy a Prius after having driven a C-Max especially in the 2013 time frame. I really wanted to buy a Prius but wouldn't because it felt like I was in a "tin box" on wheels and but for FE, had unacceptable performance and ride quality compared to the C-Max.  Ford blew it with the early commercials touting the C-Max FE vs the Prius V FE only to have it backfire when Ford readjusted the EPA FE numbers downwards twice. Had Ford touted what it really "beat" the Prius V in, I believe Ford would have captured many of those who bought the Prius V. 

I've got nearly 125 k miles.  Other than a lot of early CSPs and Recalls (aka, unintended trips to the dealer), it hasn't had anything done to it but routine maintenance and two windshield replacements.