Any C-MAX "Easter Eggs"?

bigqueue

I was reading a Blog post about Tips and Tricks, and one of the paragraphs talked about a diagnostic test mode that one can supposedly bring up on car power-up:

OK button: I heard this works on the hybrid model….When starting hold the OK button on the left of the steering wheel and start the car. In the left panel you will have the test mode which you can scroll with the up and down arrow keys. It has a lot of interesting information in it. If you haven’t already tried it you might want to check it out. This mode will exit when you shut the car down.

I have not tried this yet....but will tomorrow. Has anyone found any others, and are they documented on the forum anywhere?

-Quentin

8 hours ago, bigqueue said:

I was reading a Blog post about Tips and Tricks, and one of the paragraphs talked about a diagnostic test mode that one can supposedly bring up on car power-up:

I have not tried this yet....but will tomorrow. Has anyone found any others, and are they documented on the forum anywhere?

-Quentin

I don’t find ETM of much value.  Get the FORScan App. https://forscan.org   There is an AudioControlModule test for speakers.  I don’t recall if there are others.  So, if there were any in my 7+ years of ownership, they were likely insignificant like the ACM test.

1 hour ago, Plus 3 Golfer said:

I don’t find ETM of much value.  Get the FORScan App. https://forscan.org   There is an AudioControlModule test for speakers.  I don’t recall if there are others.  So, if there were any in my 7+ years of ownership, they were likely insignificant like the ACM test.

Very cool....this looks to be EXACTLY what I used to have for my VW back in the say, except of course a lot more capable given the years that have passed. I will certainly look closely at this and try it out.

Thanks!

-Quentin

9 hours ago, fbov said:

Want to see inside the engine controls? Get an OBDII BT of WiFi adapter and use a smartphone app to get the data. Plus3 and ptjones can tell you details. 

Frank

Thanks.....I saw the posts about the FORscan APP, and I did see mention of the OBDII BT adaptor. The FORSCAN website talk about needing and ELM327 OBDII/Bluetooth interface, and I happen to have one or two of them already! (NOT sure if they are Rev 1.3 or above) Also, I am not sure how they relate to the OBDII BT, but perhaps Google can help me with that when I have a bit more time to look.

Thanks!

-Quentin