Is there a way to pop the hatch from inside, besides using the keyfob?

WannaCMAX

I think it may depend on which trim level you have. I know that cars with the power liftgate have a button, it kind of hides behind the shifter. It is the same set of buttons beneath the climate control, where the rear defrost button is. I'm not sure if models without the power liftgate have a trunk release button.

18 hours ago, WannaCMAX said:

Just wondering if there is a way to pop it open from the inside.

Are you asking is there an emergency release inside the car in case the FOB or liftgate button on dash console for cars with a power liftgate fail to open the liftgate?  There is no emergency release inside the car should the FOB or power liftgate button on dash fail to open liftgate.

• 2 months later...

Why not just fold the rear seat down (using the lever near the side rear door)?  That would allow you access to the trunk area without opening the rear hatch door. 

I only have an SE model with a physical key but I understand there's a key inside the fob for those with auto open fobs.  Never wanted the fob because of precisely this kind of issue.  'Keep it simple'. 

• 4 months later...